Add to basket or enquire
Build your knowledge of how GDPR and Data Protection will affect your business, helping you to ensure your organisation will be compliant.
This course will help you understand the new rules and train you to be a subject matter expert.
Explore the application of current data protection laws, including the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the UK Data Protection Act 2018.
BCS Foundation Certificate in Data Protection
This course will help you:
- Gain a recognised qualification in data protection.
- Gain an understanding of the key changes that the GDPR and the Data Protection Act (2018) bring to data protection.
- Gain an understanding of the new rights available to data subjects and the implications of those rights with the GDPR and Data Protection Act (2018).
- Gain an understanding of individual and organisational responsibilities under the GDPR and the Data Protection Act (2018), particularly the need for effective record keeping.
- Gain an understanding of the increased obligations faced by data controllers and data processors as a result of the GDPR coming into force and the Data Protection Act (2018) being enacted.
- Be better placed to support your organisation in processing customer data in compliance with the GDPR and the Data Protection Act (2018).
The course covers:
- History of Data Protection in the UK
- Principles of Data Protection & Applicable Terminology
- Lawful bases for processing Personal Data
- Governance & Accountability
- Interaction between Controller and Processor
- Transfers of Personal Data to third Countries
- Data Subject Rights
- Independent Supervisory Authorities (ISAs)
- Breaches, Enforcement and Liability
- Privacy & Electronic Communications Regulations.
Why study with Duco Digital Training?
- Start today - enrol and receive your personal login
- Learn fully online, no need to visit a training venue
- Study at a time which suits you
- Course content which is easy to follow and understand
- Email support and learner forum to ask any questions
- Exam is online and remote proctored, no need to visit a test centre
- Online exams run 7 days a week on all timezones, book your day and time to suit you
- Sample test paper and questions to check your learning
- Free 1 year BCS Associate membership when you pass your exam, with career support via Springboard
- Receive your BCS Professional Certificate recognised in over 250 countries.
Who is this course for?
This qualification is primarily aimed at those who need to have an understanding of data protection, and the GDPR in particular, to do their job; or those whose effectiveness in their role would be enhanced by knowledge of the law in this area.
The Foundation Certificate will also provide a stepping stone for those who have, or who will have, some responsibility for data protection within an organisation.
None. Although some knowledge of data protection law would be an advantage, as well as basic working knowledge of IT and GDPR.
This course will help anyone who has responsibility for data management, confidently command their role and progress into higher paying jobs.
Vacancies on Reed at an administrator level for data management pay around £20k per year, data managers though pay at least double that salary.
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course. Be the first to ask a question.
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.