In today’s increasingly global society, a growing number of people are considered to be “night workers”. These are individuals that work at least three hours a night on a regular basis during the hours of 11pm and 6am. As more people begin working these types of shifts, including emergency workers, health care professionals, factory workers and even white-collar investment brokers, the dangers of the night shift are also becoming increasingly apparent. Unfortunately, many people engaged in this type of work do not know about the risks or how to prevent serious damage to their health.
This course provides you with comprehensive information about the dangers of working at night. It begins by talking about night work in general, including an introduction to the relevant UK legislation governing this type of shift work. The course then moves directly into talking about the dangers associated with working at night. Next, students are provided with information about preventing or mitigating these dangers. Finally, coping techniques are provided, helping to ease the isolation associated with working at night.
What's Covered in the Course?
- The definition of a “night worker” and examples of jobs that fit that description
- Details about the rules and regulations covering night workers in the UK
- Information about the impact of working at night on your physical and mental health
- Tips on how to prevent certain dangers associated with night work from occurring
- Tips on how to reduce the impact of unavoidable risks
- Information on how to cope with the impact night work can have on your emotional fulfilment and social group
Benefits of Taking This Course
- Learning about the different rules that apply to night workers as opposed to those who work during the day
- Understanding the technical definition of night work
- Knowing how to identify the risks involved with night shift work
- Learning how to reduce the impact of night work on your health
- Determining how to cope with the impact night work can have other areas of your life, including your sense of well-being
Who can take the course?
Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?
The course is broken down into 4 individual modules. Each module takes between 5 and 60 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?
You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?
Once you have completed all modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?
The pass mark for the test is 70%. If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?
Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it.
How long does it take to complete the course?
We estimate that the course will take about 3 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
- Module 1: Introduction to Working at Night
- Module 2: Risks and Hazards of Being a Night Worker
- Module 3: Preventing and Mitigating Risks Faced by Night Workers
- Module 4: Coping with the Impact of Night Work
- Course Access: Lifetime
- Exams Included: Yes
- Compatibility: All major devices and browsers
Questions and answers
No questions or answers have been posted about this course.
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.
Please sign in to review this course.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.