Add to basket or enquire
Learn to think like a hacker and apply that knowledge to building security provisions that deter cybercriminals with the Cyber Security Forensic Investigator & Ethical Hacker package. Combining the Computer Hacking Forensic Investigator and Certified Ethical Hacker certification courses, this package helps students learn the tricks used by cybercriminals to access corporate systems and how they can be stopped.
Students will also master the science of forensic investigations, helping to gather the necessary evidence to prosecute hackers in the event of an attempted or successful network breach.
The Cyber Security Forensic Investigator & Ethical Hacker package is best suited to:
- Network engineers and IT security professionals who need to understand hacking techniques so that they can better protect resources.
- Network engineers and IT security professionals responsible for investigating network perimeter breaches and data theft incidents.
- IT professionals who need to earn the certifications to prove their experience in the field of network security.
- Network security consultants who want to offer ethical hacking services to clients.
- Network security professionals tasked with testing defences and identifying potential vulnerabilities.
- Individuals who would like to learn the skills and techniques required to make a career change into IT security.
KEY LEARNING POINTS
The Cyber Security Forensic Investigator & Ethical Hacker package is divided into two separate sections. The first – built around the Certified Ethical Hacker certification looks at the tools and techniques used by hackers so that students can replicate their attacks and tighten security accordingly.
Working towards their exams, students will cover:
- Understanding the ethics involved in white hat hacking.
- How cybercriminals test network protection measures and how these reconnaissance activities can be spotted and blocked early.
- How to scan networks to identify potential vulnerabilities.
- Using enumeration to catalogue system resources and potential routes to breach.
- Automated tools for breaching security including Trojans, backdoors, viruses, worms and Denial of Service (DOS) attacks.
- The role of social engineering to steal confidential information directly from employees.
- Using sniffers and session hijacking to mask illegal access to system resources.
- Web-based attacks that can take online systems down.
- How wireless network security can be breached.
- How hackers avoid protective measures like IDS, firewalls and honeypots.
- Applying network forensic techniques to identify and catch hackers.
- Using cryptography and steganography to protect data.
- How to use the Metasploit toolkit to assess network protection measures and apply fixes where appropriate.
Once complete, package focus moves over to the Computer Hacking Forensic Investigator qualification which shows students how to properly investigate a cybersecurity breach:
- How to carry out an investigation according to industry best practice principles and legal guidelines.
- Searching and seizing resources as required for the investigation.
- How to handle digital evidence to maintain legal standards.
- What the first responder needs to do as soon as a breach is identified to prevent loss of evidence or failing to meet legal evidence requirements.
- How to fit a forensic lab for investigations.
- Understanding hard disks and file systems and how they affect forensic recovery.
- The specifics of performing forensic investigations on computers running Microsoft Windows.
- Acquiring and duplicating data to preserve evidence and facilitate further investigation.
- Using Access Data’s Forensic Tookit (FTK), EnCase and special steps to review data whilst leaving all evidence intact.
- Understanding steganography and how such techniques can be used to mask data theft.
- Password recovery techniques and how to circumvent basic technologies employed to hide criminal activity.
- Comparing log files to identify instances where they may have been tampered with.
- Carrying out forensic analysis of network resources to identify intrusion attempts.
- Checking wireless networks for evidence of unauthorised access or tampering.
- Investigating attacks against web servers, web applications and other Internet-connected resources.
ADVANTAGES OF THIS COURSE
The Cyber Security Forensic Investigator & Ethical Hacker package helps students to see security issues from both sides – first as the hacker, then as a security professional trying to keep them out. This ability to understand security from both sides of the network perimeter enables learners to create more secure, more robust protective measures.
Other benefits students will realise from this course include:
- Hands on skills and experience that will allow security professionals to properly manage breaches and cyberattacks.
- The necessary forensic and legal awareness to ensure that evidence of cybercrimes is preserved for potential legal proceedings.
- A raised level of awareness that can be used to train other employees to share security responsibilities and implement new policies.
- An improved skill set that will help employees be more productive and efficient.
- Increased employment opportunities within the network security and forensic auditing arena.
With ethical hackers and security specialists earning an average of $100,000 (£65,000) each year, the investment in the Cyber Security Forensic Investigator & Ethical Hacker package will quickly repay itself. The package is also a pre-requisite for professionals who want to sit their ISACA CISA certification exams.
- Units of Study
Computer Hacking Forensic Investigator
Certified Ethical Hacker
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
Can you say more about the professional accredidation. Is this OfQual?
Hi Marc, Thanks for your enquiry. This course is a pre-requisite for students who wish to sit the ISACA CISA certification exams. So without doing this course you cannot sit the ISACA CISA exam and gain this qualification. I hope this answers your query. eTrain LondonThis was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.