Add to basket or enquire
- Provides a full introduction to developing a cyber incident response programme to protect your business.
- Learn how to effectively manage and respond to a disruptive incident, such as a data breach or cyber attack.
- Learn from anywhere – choose whether you attend our courses Live Online or in person.
- Our Classroom / Live Online option allows you to study your way, keeping travel and costs down to a minimum.
- IBITGQ accredited specialist led one-day training course.
- Successful completion of the course and included exam leads to the ISO 17024-Certificated Cyber Incident Response Management (CIRM F) qualification and 7 CPD/CPE points.
Cyber Incident Response Management (CIRM) Qualification
Cyber attacks are now classed as the top threat to organisations. With the average cost of a cyber attack being £857,000 the financial implications for businesses are not something to ignore. It’s not just the financial loss but the damage to brand and reputation that businesses need to plan for.
This course will teach you:
- The components of the cyber kill chain;
- How to recognise common cyber threats and understand common threat actors; and
- How to define the structure, role and responsibilities of the cyber incident response team.
Cyber Incident Response Management Foundation training course benefits
- Reduce damage - Know how to identify the cause of an incident and reduce further damage.
- Learn from anywhere - Choose whether you attend Live Online or in person at one of our training venues throughout the UK.
- Respond faster - Participate in group discussions, practical exercises and case studies throughout the course.
- Communication is key - Real-world practitioners show you how to tackle cyber security from start to finish.
- Hands-on study - Participate in group discussions, practical exercises and case studies throughout the course.
- Meet reporting deadlines - Meet incident reporting deadlines of the GDPR and NIS Regulations.
See what our previous learners think about this course
- 100% found the trainer was engaging
- 100% thought the trainer had good knowledge of the subject
- 100% thought the trainer answered questions adequately
- 100% thought trainer supported individual
“I have already recommended this course to two colleagues. They are just seeking approval from training dept. for funding! This is my fourth ITG course (CISP, CISF, CISLI previously) so you must be doing something right.”
Why choose IT Governance for your training needs?
- We’re acknowledged leaders - in ISO 27001, information security, GDPR and business continuity management training.
- Trained by industry experts – our trainers are working consultants with years of practical, hands-on experience.
- Pass first time or train again for free – we have trained more than 17,000 people and we’re confident you’ll pass with us first time. If you don’t, we’ll train you again for free.*
- Learn from anywhere – as a company that fully embraces flexible and remote working, we have adjusted our delivery methods to allow you to learn from anywhere. Our Classroom / Live Online delivery option enables you to attend either in person or online.
- Access your training anywhere – all our course materials are provided as a digital copy, allowing you to access them anywhere and at any time. Documents will be made available 20 days before your course.
- Business solutions to suit you – whether you’re a multinational wanting us to manage all your training needs or a small business wishing to boost your workforce skills, we offer a range of training solutions.
Who is this course for?
Managers who are already involved in incident management with either an information security or data protection background. Individuals with little experience who are keen to enter the field or broaden their knowledge of cyber incident management with a professional qualification.
- Business managers
- Compliance managers
- IT managers
- Helpdesk managers
- Project managers
- Risk managers
- Information security managers
- ISO 27001 lead auditors
- PCI QSAs
There are no formal entry requirements but this is a professional course. It is assumed that attendees will have a good general understanding of cyber security principles and controls that underpin the protection of confidentiality, integrity and availability of data, gained through practical experience or reading.
This course is an essential component of the Cyber Security Manager and Information Security Manager career pathways.
Questions and answers
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.