Add to basket or enquire
Customer Service Training and Development
Customer service training and development is simply defined as ‘the formal, on-going efforts that are made within an organisation to improve the performance of its employees.’
Customer service goes above and beyond the point of purchase. It concerns the activities before, during which and after an individual decides to buy a product or service. For this reason, it can be hugely beneficial to invest in customer service training as, by its very nature, it seeks to enhance the way in which a business provides its services, which is how it makes its money.
Although the importance of customer service will differ depending on the product, service, industry, company and customer, there is almost always room for improvement. In most cases, customer service representatives must be able to render assistance to various personalities and characters. At the same time, they must reflect the core values of the organisation and adhere to the company culture.
Training can increase profits, business performance and staff morale.
- you choose what new skills your workforce gains, targeting skills to meet the needs of your operation now and in the future
- training your staff can result in better customer service, better work safety practices and productivity improvements
- You demonstrate to your workforce that you value them enough to invest in them, improving loyalty and staff retention. In turn, retention is a saving to you.
Training has many benefits for your staff:
- they acquire new skills, increasing their contribution to the business and building their self-esteem
- the training they undertake can lead them into other positions within the organisation – positions with better prospects and/or better pay
- they’re upskilled to perform new and different tasks, which keeps them motivated and fresh
- because they’re being trained on your time, they see that you value them enough to invest in them. A good company is seen as one that retrains rather than churns.
Training and Development for Customer Service
After completing this course learners will be able to:
- Discuss the importance of training and development for efficient Customer Service delivery.
- Explore various training methods
Introduction to Training and Development for Customer Service
- The Importance of Training and Development in Customer Service
- Identifying Training and Development Objectives
- Training and Development Methods
- Building Customer Service into all Training and Development Activities
- Training to Deal with Challenging Situations
This is a stand-alone course and it assumes no prior knowledge.
*Note: This is an independent unit not a complete course so does not equalize to a course. This will give you 10 CPD points to add on your CV. At the end of the unit, you can claim CPD Accredited unit by paying £35 accreditation fee and postal charges (£9 for UK students, £15 for outside UK).
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course. Be the first to ask a question.
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.