Ad Vitam Learning
Add to basket or enquire
Welcome to Ad Vitam Learning's online mandatory training package for General Practitioners & GP locums. This mandatory training course package for clinicians was developed to meet the required learning outcomes in the Skills for Health’s UK Core Skills Training Framework (CSTF), the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) and the Care Quality Commission (CQC) recommendations for health and social care providers. These elearning courses for General Practitioners and GP practice clinical staff are also in line with the Royal Medical Colleges requirements for doctors revalidation and Code of of Professional Conduct.
Course aims and objectives
Ad Vitam Learning's online training package for clinical GP practice staff helps clinicians to meet the statutory requirements of the NHS and private healthcare sector and professional code of conduct. The Mandatory Training Group is committed to keeping up to date with changes in relevant UK legislation, national directives and requirements on mandatory training programme to ensure that it reflects changing legal, risk and service requirements. To that end, our mandatory and statutory modules are guided by the following:
- Standards set by the Royal Medical Colleges
- Standards set by the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) and the Healthcare Professional Council (HCPC)
- The Care Quality Commission (CQC) guidance for GPs and medical locums
- Skills for Health's UK Core Skills Training Framework (CSTF)
- NHS frameworks' guidance for locum doctors and other medical locums
The Mandatory Training Group develops appropriate mandatory training to meet the NHS quality standards and performance ratings. Our health and safety courses for clinical general practice staff help to reduce injuries and avoid subsequent claims due to negligence and malpractice, improve staff morale, provide safe and effective care and improve patient experience.
What is covered in this online mandatory package?
Our mandatory training package for general practitioners covers the following modules:
- Code of Professional Conduct
- Key Legislation and National Guidelines
- Understanding your Role and Responsibilities
- Criminal Convictions
- Fitness to Practice
- CSTF Health and Safety and Welfare, including:
- Reporting of Injuries, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences Regulations (RIDDOR)
- Control of Substances Harzadous to Health (COSHH) Regulations
- Display Screen Equipment
- Risk Assessment
- Waste Management
- Bullying and Harassment
- Stress Management
- CSTF Information Governance CSTF, including:
- Caldicott Principles
- Information Security
- Data Protection
- Record Management
- Counter Fraud
- Documentation and Record Keeping
- CSTF Conflict Resolution CSTF, including:
- Effective Communication
- Handling Violence & Aggression
- Managing Risk, Minimising Restraint
- Lone Workers
- Complaints Handling
- Consent Training
- CSTF Equality, Diversity and Human Rights
- CSTF Safeguarding Adults Levels 1, 2 & 3
- CSTF Safeguarding Children Levels 1, 2 & 3
- CSTF Preventing Radicalisation 1 & 2
- Mental Capacity Act & Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards (DoLS)
- Mental Health Act
- CSTF Infection Prevention and Control LevelS 1 & 2, including:
- Blood Borne Viruses
- Exposure Prone Procedures
- Spillages and Body Fluids
- Sharps Management
- Clinical Waste Management
- Food Safety Awareness Levels 1 & 2
- CSTF Fire Safety Awareness
- Manual Handling Objects Level 1
- CSTF Moving and Handling of People Levels 1 & 2
- CSTF Resuscitation - Basic Life Support (BLS) Levels 1 & 2, including:
- National Early Warning Score (NEWS)
- First Response
Assessment and certification
At the end of each individual online mandatory training module, learners will be required to complete an online assessment. On successful completion of the knowledge test (80% pass mark), learners will be able to download a FREE CPD certificate for each module that is valid for one year.
The content of this online mandatory training package for general practitioners & GP practice staff has been independently certified as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
It will take approximately 2 to 4 hours to complete this e-learning mandatory training package for GP practice staff. The length of time to complete the course depends on the following:
- your prior knowledge and experience individual mandatory training modules and related regulations
- how quickly you can study and absorb the learning materials
- how much you can pace yourself once started
- the number of modules that are relevant to your clinical environment
You are in full control of how long it takes to complete your mandatory training modules. You can go through the course package in one sitting, or pause and come back later. Your progress will be recorded throughout and you will be able to start where you previously left off.
You can revise the online learning materials as many times as you like. Even after completing the course successfully (and obtaining your CPD certificate), you will still have access to your online learning materials for 365 days.
Who is this course for?
This eLearning mandatory training package should be completed by clinical staff working working in GP practices and other community clinical settings, including:
- General Practitioners
- Locum GPs
- Locum Clinical Staff
- GP practice nurses
- Specialist Doctors
- Registrars & SPRs
- Private Independent Doctors
- Allied Health Professionals
You will be provided with all the individual modules listed below. You can however choose the mandatory training modules that are most suited to your specific clinical environment. If you are a locum doctor, please check with your locum agency regarding the specific mandatory training modules you require to meet the compliance requirements.
You can also select from our wide range of individual CPD courses in our elearning for healthcare course catalogue.
This online mandatory training package has been designed for the busy clinician working in general practice and other clinical settings in the community. It has additional online learning resources that provide more details for learners to refer to during the course and in practice. For those who have completed statutory and mandatory training before, this training package provides you with the key legal and professional issues as specified in the Skills for Health's UK Core Skills Training Framework (CSTF).
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course. Be the first to ask a question.
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.