Add to basket or enquire
This Criminal Intelligence Analyst course is endorsed by TQUK, an established Ofqual-regulated Awarding Organisation which assures your qualification is professional and recognised. This course is also accredited by CPD and 10 CPD points available without any further studies.
Develop the vital skills you need to pursue a career in Criminal Intelligence covering techniques an Intelligence Analyst will require to effectively analyse data and security to detect, prevent, control and respond to all forms of crime and security issues locally and internationally.
This Criminal Intelligence Analyst course will give you a thorough understanding and critical awareness of the disciplines of security and criminology. It addresses the nature of security threats, security threat management, and neutralisation and how security is positioned within the wider theory and practice of global politics. Examine the basis of criminology and the processes through which the criminal justice system responds to crime and deviance.
Highlights of the Criminal Intelligence Analyst:
- Get a firm understanding of criminal intelligence and crime intelligence analysis
- Understand the historical perspective on the discipline of analysis
- Familiarise with the intelligence cycle and process
- Learn about analytical techniques and products
- Expand your knowledge of white collar crime, victimology, victim risk factors, criminology, forensic psychology, religion and hate crime
- Understand crime science, pattern detection, and analysis
- Learn about the thinking approach, crime mapping and strategic analysis
- Explore research methods and statistics in crime analysis, with an overview of inference policing and behavioural science
Why Choose this Criminal Intelligence Analyst Course:
- This best ever Criminal Intelligence Analyst course is suitable for anyone interested in working in this sector or who simply wants to learn more about the topic. If you’re an individual looking to excel within this field then Criminal Intelligence Analyst is for you.
- We’ve taken this comprehensive Criminal Intelligence Analyst course and broken it down into several manageable modules which we believe will assist you to easily grasp each concept – from the fundamental to the most advanced aspects of the Criminal Intelligence Analyst course. It really is a sure pathway to success.
- All our courses offer 12 months access and are designed to be studied at your own pace so you can take as much or as little time as you need to complete and gain the qualification.
- We pride ourselves on having friendly and experienced instructors who provide full weekday support and are ready to help with any of your queries. So, if you need help, just drop them an email and await a speedy response.
This Criminal Intelligence Analyst is designed with the following modules:
Criminal Intelligence Analyst
**Criminology, Intelligence and Criminal Justice**
Module 01: Criminal Intelligence and Crime Intelligence Analysis
- From Introduction To Intelligence
- The Origins of Intelligence Analysis
- The Analyst
- The Problems
- Criminal Intelligence Analysis
- The Way Forward
Module 02: A Historical Perspective on the Discipline of Analysis
- What to Follow?
- Capabilities and Intentions
- More than Bread Alone
- The Elephant’s Tail
- World Views and the Man
- Specific Parallels and Broad Trends
Module 03: The Intelligence Cycle and Process
- The Intelligence Cycle
- Intelligence Analysis in a Cycle
- Intelligence Process
Module 04: Example of a National Intelligence Model: The United Kingdom
- Tasking And Coordinating Process
- Knowledge Products
- System Products
- Analytical Techniques and Products
Module 05: Introduction to Criminal Justice
- White Collar Crime
- Victim Risk Factors
- Victimology Vs. Criminology
- Why Is Victimology So Important?
- Forensic Psychology and Victimology
- How Does Victimology Help The Practice of Forensic Psychology?
- Social Reality Of Black Males
- And more
**Crime Science, Pattern Detection and Analysis**
Module 06: Crime Science: Theories Principles and Intelligent Sources
- Investigation Defined
- Forensic Science and Crime Scene Investigation
- Significance of Physical Evidence and ‘Chain of Custody’
- Intelligent Sources
- Why Use Secret Intelligence?
- Necessity and Proportionality
Module 07: Evaluation of Information
- Intelligence Management
- Crime Theories and Approaches
- Problem Analysis Triangle
- Evaluation of Source and Information
Module 08: Introduction to the Analysis of Patterns, Statistics & Relationships
- Early Statistics
- Statistical Analysis Requirements
- Statistics and Computers
- Analysing Patterns of Time
- Time Span Crimes
- Analysing Pattern of Locations
**Thinking approach, Crime Mapping and Strategic Analysis**
Module 09: A Critical Thinking Approach to Analysis
- Critical Thinking Modelling
- Analytical End Products
- Application of Available Technology
- Extraction of Entities, Concepts, Relationships and Events
- Database Development and Query Capabilities
- Key Critical Thinking Skills for Intelligence Analysis
Module 10: Tactical Analysis with Crime Mapping and the GIS System
- Analysis and Analytical Process
- Crime Mapping and Tactical Analysis
- Geographical Information Systems And Mapping
- Types of Crime Mapping
- Axioms For an Intelligence Analyst
Module 11: Strategic Analysis Variations
- Basic Analysis Techniques: Link Analysis
- Basic Analysis Techniques: Event Charting
- Basic Analysis Techniques: Flow Analysis
- Basic Analysis Techniques: Telephone Analysis
- Geographical Analysis
- Criminal Investigative Analysis
Module 12: Realising The Power of Analytics: Arming the Human Mind
- Defining Automated Analysis and Analytics
- Considerations for Analytics
- Recommended Investment Strategy
- Recommended Investment Strategy
- Analysis of Competing Hypotheses (ACH)
**Research, Inference Policing and the Behavioural Science**
Module 13: Research Method and Statistics in Crime Analysis
- Research Objectives
- Research design
- Overall statistics for analysis
- The Nature of Property Crime in the Future
- Summary and Analysis: Methodological Design
- And more
Module 14: Inference Development and the Presentation of the Results
- Type of inference
- Fallacies Resulting From Incorrect Logic
- Logic Presentation of results
- Critical Steps in Preparing The Briefing
- And more
Module 15: Homeland Security and Counter Terrorism
- Law Enforcement Capabilities and Powers
- Powers to Access Data and their Oversight
- Putting Data and Intelligence At The Heart of Our Approach
- Corruption and Organized Crime
- Reducing Public Tolerance and Tackling Criminal Markets
- Building our defences
- And more
Module 16: Models of Policing and Security
- The Policing Context
- Defining Cyber Crime
- Who are the Cyber Criminals?
- What do Cybercriminal Target?
- What is the Impact of Cybercrime?
- Impact on Citizens
- Impact on Businesses
- And more
Module 17: Behavioural Sciences
- Social and Behavioural Science in CONTEST
- Social Change and Social Cohesion
- Crime And Criminal Behaviour
- Making Recommendations
Module 18: Career in CIA (Crime Intelligence Analyst)
- Read First
- Rethink Your Job
- Be the Local Crime Expert
- Thinking Ahead and Learning From Unsuccessful Attempts
- Be Very Crime Specific
Method of Assessment
To assess your learning, you have to participate in an automated multiple choice question exam. You have to score at least 60% to pass the exam and to qualify for TQUK endorsed and CPD accredited certificates. After passing the exam, you will be able to apply for a certificate.
In addition, to enhance the depth of your knowledge regarding the course and further assess your learning, you are advised to complete the assignment questions provided at the end of the course, which you can complete anytime you wish. After submitting the assignment, our expert tutor will assess your assignment and will give you feedback on your performance.
CPD Certification from One Education
After successfully completing the MCQ assessment, you will qualify for the CPD Certificate from One Education, as proof of your continued professional development. Certification is available in PDF format, at the cost of £9, or a hard copy can be sent to you via post, at the cost of £15.
Endorsed Certification from TQUK
Upon successful completion of the MCQ assessment, learners can order their TQUK Endorsed Certification by paying an accreditation fee of £39. International students will be required to pay an additional £10 postal charge.
Total Endorsed Certification Time
The demonstrated time is the estimated time that is expected to be taken by a learner to pursue all the learning outcomes of the course. The Total Qualification Time is comprised of the time a learner will take to cover all the course materials along with the quizzes and assignment completion.
Total Endorsed Certification time for this course is 200 hours.
Guided Learning Hours
The guided learning hours are made up of all real-time contact time and guidance of a learner by One Education. This is a self-paced online course. You will get 12 months access to our learning portal, so it can be studied in your own time at your own pace.
GLH for this Endorsed Certification is 25 hours.
Who is this course for?
Whether you’re an existing practitioner or aspiring professional, this Criminal Intelligence Analyst course will enhance your expertise and boost your CV with key skills and an accredited qualification attesting to your knowledge.
The Criminal Intelligence Analyst is open to all, with no formal entry requirements. All you need is a passion for learning, a good understanding of the English language, numeracy and IT, and to be over the age of 16.
This Criminal Intelligence Analyst is compatible with all kinds of devices and the age requirement for this Criminal Intelligence Analyst is 16. So, basically, everyone can take this course to acquire Criminal Intelligence Analyst skills that are necessary.
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
Timothy Kimola asked:
1. Would you please permit me to pay the tuition fee through 'WESTERN UNION MONEY TRANSFER' method?
Dear Timothy, Thank you for your question. There is no tuition fee required for this course. All you need to do is purchase the course and then, you can start the course. ThanksThis was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Where do you do the exam?
Dear Christine, Thank you for contacting us. After completing all the units, you can sit for the exam at your convenient time. The entire exam will be held online. ThanksThis was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.