Add to basket or enquire
- Understand the different elements of short fiction writing and how to weave them into a completed story
- Identify suitable markets
- Edit, prepare and submit your manuscript for publication
- Explore story openings, conflict, using flashback, characters, dialogue and how to end your story.
If you want to write fiction, then short stories are a great place to start and agreat source of income.
This course, led by author Jane Bettany, will show you how to find ideas, put your stories together and how to submit them to an editor. We will cover essential elements of story writing such as plot and structure, dialogue, characterisation, setting, tense, viewpoint and so much more!
There are downloadable writing exercises, a list of current short story markets, lecture handouts and short stories themselves.
Finally, we will cover editing – one of the most important parts of the writing process. This comes with tips on proof reading, preparing and submitting your manuscript.
You’ll even learn how to overcome writer’s block, so really is no excuse for not writing a short story today!
Who is this course for?
- Anyone who wants to craft short stories
- No academic qualifications required
Language – English
Requirements – you’ll need a word processor to type up your manuscript
Certificate of completion
Digital certificate - Included