Add to basket or enquire
Video games are a source of enjoyment for people of any background and any age. 3D games have become one of the main sources of entertainment, with an industry that is booming, being worth $108.4 billion by the end of 2017. Creating games is an excellent way of getting involved in this industry, which will continue to grow in terms of popularity and how lucrative it is.
This two-course package will help you to master multi-platform games development techniques using the popular Unity 3D development platform. You will then learn how to create realistic characters and art using the MakeHuman open source 3D computer graphics software, and how to integrate them into Unity, giving you a complete skillset in game and character development.
KEY LEARNING POINTS
- An overview of things you’ll learn in MakeHuman.
- Use MakeHuman to design and create characters.
- An overview of the Blender programme.
- How to import your model and fine tune it in Blender.
- Importing your model into Unity and how to utilise the best of both platforms.
- The basics of writing and compiling Unity scripts.
- Modelling, rigging and animating assets for import into the development game and eventual use in the finished game.
- The fundamentals of Unity 3D scripting principles including functions, variables, conditionals and inputs – all required to control onscreen behaviours.
- Using light mapping techniques to improve 3D appearance and realism during game play.
- Implementing the Shuriken Particle System to create fire, smoke and muzzle flash effects within games.
- Understanding and adjusting game dynamics, such as movement animation to improve the gaming experience and to make character actions more realistic.
- The Unity 3D engine and how to use mipmaps, rendering paths and topology to build realistic gaming scenarios.
- How to build mobile-ready games for smartphones and tablets using Unity 3D to maximise performance and experience using the various techniques and tools available.
- How to build 2D animations for cartoon-style games.
- Pulling all the advanced techniques together to create an action-packed 3D game ready for deployment to PCs, games consoles and mobile devices.
ADVANTAGES OF THIS COURSE
- Build a solid foundation in programming and game design as you bolster your experience and portfolio, which are two key in factors such a creative industry
- The course is for anyone who wants to design more realistic characters, even complete beginners.
- Create imaginative 3D characters digitally.
- Cross platform games development skills using Unity 3D, allowing them to build apps for Apple, Android, PCs and games consoles, allowing them to work with virtually any manufacturer or software developer.
- A good understanding of how to develop games apps for the incredibly lucrative mobile gaming marketplace.
- Valuable scripting skills that allow students to build compelling and exciting games for a wide range of devices.
- 24/7 access to the course content over 12 months
Course completion certificate included.
Free technical support available 7am-7pm GMT via email, telephone or online chat.
This course is compatible with Windows, Mac, iPhone, iPad and Android devices.
Learn anytime, anywhere!
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
Hello, i was wondering do you need any qualifications to take this course and will it lead to anything?
Hi, Thank you for contacting us. We would like to inform you that this is knowledge-based training. After completing the course you will be honored with the course completion certificate. Regards, JasonThis was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.