The vendor-neutral Certified Penetration Testing Engineer (CPTE) certification course is built firmly upon proven, hands-on, Penetration Testing methodologies utilized by our international group of Penetration Testing Consultants.
The CPTE presents information based on the 5 Key Elements of Pen Testing:
- Information Gathering
This course also enhances the business skills needed to identify protection opportunities, justify testing activities and optimize security controls to reduce the risk associated with working with the internet. During this course, you will be using the latest tools, such as:
- Metasploit through Kali Linux
- Microsoft PowerShell
Mile2’s CPTE course goes far beyond simply teaching you to “hack”. The CPTE was developed around principles and behaviours used to combat malicious hackers and focuses on professional penetration testing rather than just “ethical hacking”.
Besides utilizing ethical hacking methodologies, you should be prepared to learn penetration testing methodologies using advanced persistent threat techniques. In this course, you will go through a complete penetration test from A-Z! You’ll learn to create your own assessment report and apply your knowledge immediately in the workforce.
- Video Course Material
- e-Book so you can study offline
- Live Lab access so you can put into practice what you learn
- Prep guide for the exam
- Exam simulator to give you an idea of where you’re at before taking the real exam
- Exam voucher included in course cost, so you don’t need to pay for anything else
- You also get 1 free retake, giving you peace of mind
Mile2 have been going since 2008, and since then have established themselves as the world leaders in Cyber Security certifications, with a vast range of courses that cover all aspects of Cyber Security. Their courses are endorsed by organisations such as Boeing, the National Security Agency (NSA), the United States Air Force and the Federal Bureau of Investigation, to name a few.
Notable Mile2 Customers
Mile2’s courses are used by some of the most well-known companies and organisations in the world, most of whom are leaders in their respective field. Their list of clients includes:
- Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI)
- General Motors
- Coventry University
- Standard Chartered
- Delta Air Lines
- Sprint Mobile
The scale of the companies above gives you some idea of the level that Mile2 are at - any Cyber Security course that is endorsed by the FBI is a course you should be doing to advance your career.
This CPTE course was created to give you the most well-rounded Cyber Security training. Building on what you will have learned in the CPEH course, or what you will have learned while working in Cyber Security or Network Infrastructure, the course modules are below:
- Module 0 - Course Introduction
- Module 1 - Business & Technical Logistics of Pen Testing
- Module 2 - Information Gathering Reconnaissance - Passive (External Only)
- Module 3 - Detecting Live Systems – Reconnaissance (Active)
- Module 4 - Banner Grabbing and Enumeration
- Module 5 - Automated Vulnerability Assessment
- Module 6 - Hacking Operating Systems
- Module 7 - Advanced Assessment and Exploitation Techniques
- Module 8 - Evasion Techniques
- Module 9 - Hacking with PowerShell
- Module 10 - Networks and Sniffing
- Module 11 - Accessing and Hacking Web Techniques
- Module 12 - Mobile and IoT Hacking
- Module 13 - Report Writing Basics
- Appendix: Linux Fundamentals
The learning doesn’t just end with the course materials. This course includes access to Labs, which allows you to put into practice the skills you will learn on the course. The Labs are outlined here:
- Lab 1 - Introduction to Pen Testing Setup
- Lab 2 - Linux Fundamentals
- Lab 3 - Using Tools for Reporting
- Lab 4 - Information Gathering
- Lab 5 - Detecting Live Systems - Scanning Techniques
- Lab 6 - Enumeration
- Lab 7 - Vulnerability Assessments
- Lab 8 - Software Goes Undercover
- Lab 9 - System Hacking - Windows
- Lab 10 - System Hacking – Linux/Unix Hacking
- Lab 11 - Advanced Vulnerability and Exploitation Techniques
- Lab 12 - Network Sniffing/IDS
- Lab 13 - Attacking Databases
- Lab 14 - Attacking Web Applications
Who is this course for?
This CPTE course isn’t aimed at people who are at the beginning of their Cyber Security career. This was written for people who are already working in IT security or Networking. Mile2 do offer some more entry level qualifications to help increase the breadth of your knowledge, get in touch with our specialists today to find out more!
This course is designed for Cyber Security professionals who want to advance their career to the next level, so the prerequisites for this course reflect that level:
- A minimum of 12 months’ experience in networking technologies
- Sound knowledge of TCP/IP
- Knowledge of Microsoft packages
- Network+, Microsoft, Security+
- Basic Knowledge of Linux is essential
This course is aimed at people who have already taken the first few steps of their Cyber Security career, as such, some of the job roles you can go into after CPTE include:
- Pen Tester
- Ethical Hacker
- Network Auditor
- Vulnerability Assessor
- Cyber Security Manager
- Information Security Manager
Questions and answers
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.
Please sign in to review this course.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.