Location & dates
To provide thorough theory and practical training in the role of the Slinger Signaller, enabling candidates to competently and safely work around lifting plant, attach loads and guide lifts as required in order to pass the CPCS Theory and Practical tests.
A40 Slinger Signaller Training Course Content:
- Establishing the weight/dimensions of loads and communicating this information to the crane operator
- Selecting appropriate lifting tackle, attaching and detaching it correctly and safely
- Safely directing the actions of a crane moving loads of various weights and dimensions
- Giving clear and unambiguous signals in such a manner as to ensure the safety of personnel and plant
- Determining the serviceability of lifting tackle maintaining and storing it correctly
- The duties and responsibilities, as required by statute, of a Slinger Signaller
- The effects of load movement on the stability of a crane
- Potential hazards associated with crane operation how to overcome them
- The effect of varying the angles of multi-leg slings and how to calculate their safe working loads
- Methods of establishing weights and dimensions of loads
- The standard code of plant equipment signals
- Operator problems of crane control
- Automatic safe load indicators
- Crane safety devices
A: All Types & Duties (to include Pick & Carry)
B: Static Duties
C: Knuckle Boom
E: Telescopic Handler
The duration of this course is subject to a variety of factors including candidate experience and prior tuition received, delegate numbers, site restrictions etc. Given this, TUTS don't adopt a 'one size fits all' approach to our course delivery. Please speak to one of our trusted advisors to determine a delivery package that's specific to you and/or your business.
- Customer Site (Training Only)
- Corby, Northamptonshire (Training & Testing)
- Cannock, Staffordshire (Training & Testing)
- Birmingham, Midlands (Training & Testing)
- Doncaster, South Yorkshire (Training & Testing)
- Reading, Berkshire (Training & Testing)
- Falmouth, Cornwall (Training & Testing)
In order to be eligible to undertake CPCS testing, candidates must have achieved the relevant CITB Health, Safety & Environment (HS&E) touch-screen-test within 2 years.
Questions and answers
No questions or answers have been posted about this course.
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.
Please sign in to review this course.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.