Module 02 - The Science of Speech
Speech & Language Therapy Level 5 Endorsed Course
The Advanced Speech & Language Therapy (SLT) at QLS Level 5 Course is designed to provide learners with a complete overview of the role of a Speech & Language Therapy Assistant. It covers speech science, speech anatomy, and the characteristics of speech in detail.
Through this Speech & Language Therapy course, you will learn how Speech & Language Therapy workers support children and adults with speech and language disorders, including problems with swallowing, eating and drinking. It covers the fundamentals of the speech chain model, taking you through the key stages of literacy and language development.
This Speech & Language Therapy course includes case studies and theoretical exercises that will provide you with essential information on how to assess your client’s needs, set long-term goals and support them every step of the way to their recovery, using a range of communication techniques.
By the end of the Speech & Language Therapy course, learners will be able to:
- Understand the role and responsibilities of the Speech & Language Therapy assistants
- Demonstrate knowledge of the foundations of speech & language therapy
- Explain the principles and theories of speech science and the speech chain model
- Identify common speech and language disorders and understand their causes
- Show an understanding of literacy and language development in children
- Assess and diagnose clients’ needs, as well as set them long-term goals
- Display excellent client communication and counseling skills
- The Quality Licence Scheme QLS Endorsed
- CPD Certification Service Accredited
- Instant e-certificate and a hard copy included
- Fully online, interactive Speech & Language Therapy course with video content
- Developed by qualified safeguarding professionals
- Self-paced laptop/tablet/smartphone-friendly learning
- 24/7 Learning support and assistance
- Course 01: Child Language Disorder - CLD
- Course 02: Autism Spectrum Disorder - ASD
Your feedback is important, and helps your course provider to improve. Share your thoughts by leaving a review.