Add to basket or enquire
If you are aspiring to start your career as a counsellor and psychotherapist or want to boost your skills and knowledge in counselling and psychotherapy, then this counselling and psychotherapy course will set you up with the appropriate skills and expertise needed to take your career to the next level.
This counselling and psychotherapy course is accredited by the CPD UK & IPHM. CPD UK is globally recognised by employers, professional organisations and academic intuitions, thus a certificate from CPD Certification Service creates value towards your professional goal and achievement. CPD certified certificates are accepted by thousands of professional bodies and government regulators here in the UK and around the world.
This extensive Counselling and Psychotherapy course has been designed to equip you with the essential knowledge and skills needed to become a fully professional counsellor and psychotherapist and will give you all the practical knowledge & credentials that you need to excel in your new role.
This Counselling and Psychotherapy course is endorsed by the Quality Licence Scheme for its high-quality, non-regulated provision and training programmes. The Quality Licence Scheme is a brand of the Skills and Education Group, a leading national awarding organisation for providing high-quality, non-regulated provision and training programmes across a wide range of industries.
If you are aspiring to start your career as a counsellor and psychotherapist or you just want to boost your knowledge and skills on counselling and psychotherapy, but don’t know where to start, then this Counselling and Psychotherapy course will set you up with the appropriate skills and expertise needed to take your professionalism to the next level.
This comprehensive Counselling and Psychotherapy course will give you all the necessary skills and a valuable insight into counselling and psychotherapy to boost your career in this field and possibilities, by getting the essential skills and knowledge you’ll need from this Counselling and Psychotherapy course. There are always new skills to learn and new knowledge to accumulate when you work as a counsellor and psychotherapist, this Counselling and Psychotherapy course will fully prepare you to embrace all of the essentials skills and knowledge in this field. This course and/or training programme has been endorsed by the Quality Licence Scheme for its high-quality, non-regulated provision and training programmes. This course and/or training programme is not regulated by Ofqual and is not an accredited qualification. Your training provider will be able to advise you on any further recognition, for example progression routes into further and/or higher education. For further information please visit the Learner FAQs on the Quality Licence Scheme website.
Enrol today and get started on your journey to improve your career prospects with the latest skills and the power of self-belief!
Why Choose This Counselling and Psychotherapy Course:
- Endorsed by The Quality Licence Scheme
- Accredited by The CPD UK and International Practitioners of Holistic Medicine (IPHM)
- FREE Course Completion PDF & Hardcopy Certificate, MCQ Exam & 24/7 Support Included
- Dual (CPD UK and IPHM) accredited certificate in 1 single course
- Get trained by industry experts
- Easy to use and easy to follow
- Learn the most in-demand skills
- Expert tutors are always available for you via email
- Kickstart your career with quality training
- Course Completion PDF & Hardcopy Certificate, MCQ Exam & 24/7 Support Included
- 2 Accreditation (CPD UK and IPHM) in 1 Course
- 1: Obtain Your Student ID Card 01:00
- 2: About the Instructor 04:40
- 3: About the Course 04:23
- 4: What is ‘Psychotherapy’ 09:13
- 5: Difference between ‘Counselling’ and ‘Psychotherapy’ 10:03
- 6: Who needs psychotherapy 08:36
- 7: Setting up therapeutic environment 07:53
- 8: Listening Skills & Listening Stages 09:06
- 9: Establishing positive therapeutic relationship 09:33
- 10: Stress – and Anger management 13:27
- 11: Person-Centred Therapy 09:33
- 12: Psychodynamic Therapy & Psychoanalysis 11:04
- 13: Gestalt Therapy 13:27
- 14: Existential Psychotherapy 08:50
- 15: Individual Psychotherapy 06:17
- 16: Group sessions (workshops) 10:30
- 17: Couple psychotherapy 09:55
- 18: Online (Skype) Therapy 09:44
- 19: Psychotherapy for Depression 08:42
- 20: Psychotherapy for Anxiety disorders 06:48
- 21: Psychotherapy for Schizophrenia 09:30
- 22: Gender Identity Disorder (Gender Dysphoria) 10:00
- 23: Psychotherapy for Eating Disorders 09:06
- 24: Suicidal thinking & talking 09:41
- 25: Self harm cases 09:40
- 26: Relationship breakdown 09:21
- 27: How to set up own practice 07:58
- 28: Registration & Accreditation 08:22
- 29: Where to advertise own services 10:02
- 30: Thank you & Good Bye 02:41
- 31: Assessment 06:00
- 32: Obtain Your Accredited Certificate of Achievement 01:00
Why Learn with Us?
- We have taught and certified more than 50,000+ students and organisations worldwide
- We are committed to helping students start new careers or advance in their chosen career paths
- We have Award-winning Customer Support, and we’re proud of it
- We believe in you. Your success is our success
The Counselling and Psychotherapy is one of our most popular training courses and is perfect for those individuals who want to start a new career path as a counsellor and psychotherapist, as well as established professionals who want to test their existing abilities and learn the latest techniques.
This comprehensive Counselling and Psychotherapy course has been divided into 30 interactive lessons. This makes for a more stimulating and comprehensive study of all the essential areas of counselling and psychotherapy, which also means that learners will be able to absorb the knowledge in manageable and intuitive segments and retain the vital information without even realising it.
This fully inclusive Counselling and Psychotherapy course includes the following modules:
Learn how to increase your expertise in counselling and psychotherapy by taking the following modules of this popular Counselling and Psychotherapy course.
How IT Works
- How IT Works
Introduction to the Course
- About the Instructor
- About the Course
Introduction to Psychotherapy
- What is ‘Psychotherapy’?
- Difference between ‘Counselling’ and ‘Psychotherapy’
- Who needs psychotherapy?
Therapeutic Relationship & Environment
- Setting up therapeutic environment
- Listening Skills & Listening Stages
- Establishing positive therapeutic relationship
- Stress – and Anger management
Approaches & Schools of Thought
- Person-Centred Therapy
- Psychodynamic Therapy & Psychoanalysis
- Gestalt Therapy
- Existential Psychotherapy
Types & Forms of psychotherapy
- Individual Psychotherapy
- Group sessions (workshops)
- Couple psychotherapy
- Online (Skype) Therapy
Mental Health Conditions
- Psychotherapy for Depression
- Psychotherapy for Anxiety disorders
- Psychotherapy for Schizophrenia
- Gender Identity Disorder (Gender Dysphoria)
- Psychotherapy for Eating Disorders
Helping the client in crisis
- Suicidal thinking & talking
- Self harm cases
- Relationship breakdown
Working as a Therapist
- How to set up own practice
- Registration & Accreditation
- Where to advertise own services
- Thank you & Good Bye!
- Supplementary Resources – Psychotherapy and Counselling Level 3
Method of Assessment
After successfully completing the Counselling and Psychotherapy course, you will be required to sit an online multiple-choice assessment. The assessment will be evaluated automatically through the system and the results will be provided to you instantly.
Certificate of Completion
On completion of the counselling and psychotherapy course, you will be eligible to order your free PDF & Hardcopy certificate of course completion. There is a minimum postal charge applicable to obtain the hardcopy course completion certificate which is:
- Inside the UK = £6.49
- International Students = £17.49
Certificate of Achievement
Endorsed Certificate from Quality Licence Scheme
On successful completion of the course assessment, you will be eligible to obtain the counselling and psychotherapy at QLS level 3 Endorsed Certificate by Quality Licence Scheme. The Quality Licence Scheme is a brand of the Skills and Education Group, a leading national awarding organisation for providing high-quality, non-regulated provision and training programmes across a wide range of industries. This will provide you with a competitive edge in your career and extra value to your CV, developing you as a standout candidate among all other applicants and employees. There is a Quality Licence Scheme endorsement fee to gain an endorsed certificate which is £75.
CPD UK and IPHM Accredited Certificate of Achievement
On completion of the counselling and psychotherapy course, you will be eligible to obtain the CPD UK and IPHM accredited certificate of achievement (dual certificate) to evidence your new skill and accomplishment, as well as your knowledge and skill set. You can also share this certificate with prospective employers and your professional network. The CPD UK and IPHM accredited certificate of achievement (dual certificate) is available in PDF format, at the cost of £12, or a hardcopy can be sent via post at the cost of £35.
All the lessons in this Counselling and Psychotherapy course will only take a few minutes to complete, which means that it caters to every type of lifestyle and study method. Study breaks can be quickly scheduled, as can long and intensive periods of learning. You can make the most of your personal time, even if you only have 10 to 15 minutes free at any one time. Make this course work for you.
We don’t believe in placing time limits on learning, so you will never have to rush and complete a course before a strict deadline. Just concentrate on your goals and study in your own time and at your own pace with no unnecessary pressure.
Who is this course for?
This comprehensive Counselling and Psychotherapy course is ideal for anyone who is looking to improve their skills and move on to more challenging roles in this sector. Completion of the Counselling and Psychotherapy course will prove your learning potential and provide the impetus to boost their career into whatever direction they choose but gaining an up-to-date perspective of everything involving counselling and psychotherapy.
The Counselling and Psychotherapy course will provide both established professionals and relative newcomers to counselling and psychotherapy with some real advantages, earning extensive knowledge and acquiring new skills which will make any candidate’s CV stand out in a crowded marketplace.
There is no previous experience or specific entry requirements needed to enrol into this Counselling and Psychotherapy course, any student from any background, and of any age, can enrol into this Counselling and Psychotherapy course and learn at their own pace.
As long as you are seventeen years old, have a basic knowledge of the English language and are relatively comfortable with rudimentary IT skills, you will be eligible to enrol into this Counselling and Psychotherapy course.
This Counselling and Psychotherapy course will bring you new opportunities and new possibilities in an ever-changing job market. Gain the latest techniques, theories, knowledge and confidence that you’ll need to procure the dream job you’ve been looking for. To achieve all this and to gather more valuable credits on your CV, this Counselling course could be a critical part of your future.
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course. Be the first to ask a question.
Reed courses certificate of completion is included in course priceAdditional information:
Will be downloadable when all lectures have been completed