This qualification focuses on bullying, abuse, grief and bereavement and teaches students vital techniques to be able to work with young people to work through psychological barriers. Our Counselling Children and Young People Level 3 can help you to become more accustom to working with children to identify and work through issues.
About this Course
This Counselling Children and Young People Level 3 course is designed to give students an insight into the complex science of psychology with particular emphasis on children and young people. The course will help to progress and expand your knowledge of psychological issues and how to work with young people as a child psychologist.
Study Time:100 hours
Enrolment length:12 months
Entry Requirements:None Specific
Upon completion of this qualification students are awarded an ABC Awards certificate and an OLC Diploma. All certification fees are included in your course fees.
To gain this Counselling Children and Young People Level 3 qualification you will need to submit, and pass, all of the tutor marked assignments. There are six assignments in the course and no need to purchase any textbooks as we provide all of the lessons and materials required to learn the syllabus.
All assignments are coursework based and are in an essay/question and answer style to test your knowledge of the topics covered in each of the course sections.
All of our students are given access to our online campus through their own personal login and password. Once logged in you can access your course materials, lessons, resources and assignments in your own time. Assignments are uploaded through your account and the process is easy intuitive. Our online campus includes:
- 24/7/365 access to all of your course materials- all lessons, assignments and resources are available from the moment you enrol
- Instant access to your course after you enrol- start studying immediately!
- Integrated chat and massaging systems so that you can contact your tutor
- Online assignment uploads to save time in returning marks and feedback.
- Links to further resources and information available on courses
- Self-led learning on all courses- study in your own time and work through your assignments at your own pace
- Safe e-portfolio of your work is kept under lock and key on our secure servers
- Progress bar to show the work you have completed and how many tasks you still have to complete on your course
- Detailed help centre with step-by-step instructions on getting the most from your course and how to upload assignments and contact your tutor
The most important tool that all of our students have at their disposal is their tutor. When studying for a course with us you are assigned a personal tutor with indepth knowledge and experience in your chosen subject.
You are strongly advised to make use of your tutors expertise and ask questions about the course content. Your assignments are marked by your personal tutor and detailed feedback is given. As well as this your tutor will provide you with pointers and advice on where you can improve- this helps you to get the most from your courses and constantly improve your skills.
To pass this course learners must pass 6 assignments. These are completed after navigating through the corresponding lessons and writing your answers to assignment questions. Once these have been read and marked by your personal tutor, feedback and marks are provided to students which contain helpful tips to improve work in future assignments.
This course assesses the following units:
Unit 1: The Counsellor/Client Relationship
- The relationship between the Counsellor and the Client
- Listening skills required for effective counselling
- Methods of communication
- Barriers to communication
- The cycle of effective communication
- Building rapport
- The vocabulary of counsellors
- The initial interview
- The specific goals for counselling
Unit 2: Counselling Skills
- Observing and assessing the client
- Sharing experiences
- The emotions of children and young people
- Exploring fears and phobias
- Systematic desensitisation
- Play therapy
Unit 3: Child Development
- The emotional and social development of children and young people
- Theory of mind
- Family structures
- Dysfunctional families
- Antenatal, perinatal and postnatal
- Breakdown of relationships/marriages
- Health problems
- Lack of stimulation
- Learning difficulties
- Loss or bereavement
- Sensory impairment
Unit 4: Bullying
- The definition of bullying
- What is feels like to be bullied
- The victim
- The signs of bullying
- The bully
Unit 5: Child Abuse
- Physical abuse
- Sexual abuse
- Emotional abuse
- Helping children and young people to protect themselves against abuse
- Abuse of children with disabilities
Unit 6: Grief and Bereavement
- Grief and bereavement
This course can be taken over a 12 month period but you can complete it as fast or as slowly as you wish.
All of our courses are allocated plenty of time for students to complete their studies and all materials are self-led so that you can complete the course at your own pace. Should you require additional time on one of our courses you can extend your enrolment by 30 days for an additional fee of £60.
As well as this we operate a 14 day money back guarantee on every one of our qualifications- that’s how confident we are of how you will love studying with us!
Who is this course for?
People looking for a formal qualification and gain the knowledge required to work in the care sector within a social care setting.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.