Add to basket or enquire
In a world where the written word holds immense power, skilled copy editors and proofreaders serve as the unsung heroes, ensuring clarity and accuracy in communication. This course offers a solid foundation in the art of Copyediting & Proofreading, opening doors to a rewarding career in a variety of industries.
- Understand the basics of copyediting and proofreading.
- Master primary copy editing procedures and proofreading marks and symbols.
- Learn how to create and use a style sheet.
- Become familiar with the legal aspects of copyediting and professional proofreading.
- Develop a strong foundation in grammar, sentence structure, and spelling rules.
- Understand the workflow of a proofreader and career progression opportunities.
This comprehensive course on Proofreading Fundamentals: Introduction and Workflow covers both copyediting and proofreading essentials, providing a strong foundation in the skills required for a successful career in these fields. The curriculum covers primary copy editing procedures, proofreading marks and symbols, and the creation and use of a style sheet, ensuring your work is polished and professional.
In addition to mastering the technical aspects of copyediting and proofreading, you'll also learn about the legal aspects and career progression opportunities in these fields. Furthermore, this course delves into the basics of grammar, sentence structure, spelling rules, and commonly confused words, enabling you to become an expert in Copyediting & Proofreading.
Copyediting & Proofreading Course Curriculum:
- Module 01: Introduction to Copyediting
- Module 02: Primary Copyediting Procedures
- Module 03: Checking the Written Copy
- Module 04: Resources Required for a Copyeditor
- Module 05: Setting and Using a Style Sheet
- Module 06: Legal Aspects of Copyediting
- Module 07: Getting a Job and Career Progression
- Module 08: Introduction to Proofreading
- Module 09: The Workflow of a Proofreader
- Module 10: Proofreading Marks and Symbols
- Module 11: What to Look For During Proofreading
- Module 12: Basics of Grammar
- Module 13: Basics of Sentence
- Module 14: Structure of Sentence
- Module 15: Capitalisation and Punctuation Rules
- Module 16: Spelling Rules
- Module 17: Checking Commonly Confused Words
- Module 18: Professional Proofreading
Our Learner's Top Reviews:
- Varsha Sivamohan - “It was a great experience. The course was jampacked with excellent information. And when I needed help, Skill-up helped me with technical problems instantly. Fast feedback.”
- Charlie Anderson- “The support team was FANTASTIC!!! Very quick to respond and even though I was nervous as I am not good at tests, they made me feel comfortable. I am very grateful for the support”
- Aarini Sinha - “Amazing workshop. Very informative for the freshers like me. Learned a lot of things about digital marketing. I'm really thankful”.
Over 100+ glowing reviews.
Who is this course for?
- Aspiring copy editors and proofreaders seeking to develop their skills.
- Writers looking to improve the quality of their work.
- Professionals who want to enhance their written communication skills.
- Students aiming to improve their academic writing abilities.
- Individuals looking to pursue a career in the publishing industry.
- Freelance Copyeditor: £18,000 - £35,000 per annum
- In-house Copyeditor: £20,000 - £35,000 per annum
- Freelance Proofreader: £18,000 - £35,000 per annum
- In-house Proofreader: £20,000 - £35,000 per annum
- Editorial Assistant: £18,000 - £25,000 per annum
- Editor: £25,000 - £50,000 per annum
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course. Be the first to ask a question.
Certificate of completion - Digital certificate
Digital certificate - Included
Certificate of completion - Hard copy certificate
Hard copy certificate - £9.99
Inside the UK student have to pay an additional delivery fee of £10, whereas International students are required to pay an additional fee of £19.99 to receive a hard copy of the certificate delivered to their address.
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.