Business Training World
Add to basket or enquire
- Accredited CPD Certificate awarded upon completion.
- Free upgrade on to our state of the art platform
- Career Advice available on completion
- 12 Months unlimited Access
Control And Administration Of Medicine Level 3
This medication online course provides all the knowledge requirements for the safe control, handling and administration of medicines in social and domiciliary care environments. This course is designed for managers or senior care workers to enable them to supervise or undertake the administration of medicines in their particular care setting and in accordance with current legal requirements. This medication online course meets the requirements for and covers in its entirety the Learning Outcomes for the “Knowledge Set for Medication” as defined by Skills for Care and Development in 2005: Following successful completion, individuals must be observed by a designated person to competently administer a range of medicines. We can provide registered students with a downloadable proforma for this purpose. Following successful completion of the theoretical and practical components, a manager may recognise an individual as a person designated for the administration of medicines.
Exams and Accreditation Features:
- This course is accredited by The Continuous Professional Development Standards Office
- Our Online test will be multiple choice. You can retake the test at no extra cost to improve your grade.
- An accredited certificate is awarded upon completion which enable you to obtain certified CPD hours
- All evidence of learning and certification will remain on our system for your future reference
Describe the key legislation and guidance relating to the safe handling of medicines
- Module 1 - Identify how organisational policies and procedures ensure the safe handling of medicines
- Module 2 - For a range of care settings and both medical and non-medical care staff, outline the process for the prescribing, dispensing, obtaining and checking of medicines
- Module 3 - Outline the range of support and guidance available relating to medicines and explain the importance of confidentiality relating to disclosure about individuals medication
- Module 4 - Identify the types, purpose and classification of medicines commonly administered
- Module 5 - Explain the routes by which medicines may be administered, the related rules for administration and level of competence required
- Module 6 - Outline the importance of checking for, recognising and reporting effects that can occur as a result of an adverse reaction, a
- Module 7 - contraindication or an interaction between medicines
- Module 8 - Explain the need to gain consent and undertake risk assessment prior to the self or secondary administration of medicines
- Module 9 - Describe the importance of the preparation for and administration of medicines to ensure accuracy
- Module 10 - Identify the importance of accurate recording for the administration and refusal of medicines and administration errors
- Module 11 - Recognise the requirements to validate the accuracy of safe storage and recording for medicines and for their safe disposal
We are one of the leading training providers offering CPD Accredited and Certificated online training courses following the Qualifications and Credit Framework (QCF).
- An accredited certificate is awarded upon completion which enable you to obtain certified CPD hours.
- The courses are responsive meaning they can be accessed on a PC, Laptop, Desktop, Mobile or tablet.
- The course will count towards CPD hours for the process of revalidation for midwives and nurses.
- The online nature of the courses means that they are cheaper, but do not compromise the quality.
- We take pride in our customer service, offering dedicated Tutor Support via email, online messenger and telephone.
- The test will be multiple choice. You can retake the test at no extra cost to improve your grade.
- The learning can be viewed after the test for future reference.
- The courses come complete with both online “class room” style training and downloadable documentation to aid your learning.
- You have 12 months in which to complete the course.
- All evidence of learning and certification will remain on our system for your future reference.
- You are able to access training courses on a desktop, laptop, tablet or mobile device.
- The module can be used as Induction, Awareness, Refresher and Foundation Training.
- The course will assist in remaining compliant, getting a job, starting a career or to expand on your current learning and development.
The courses are accessible for everyone so even the busiest worker or manager will be able to fit some learning in to their lifestyle. This is especially useful for those doing shift work and uneven work patterns so unable to commit to a regular training course
Who is this course for?
The courses are for nurses, midwives, health care professionals, carers and support workers.
All persons can enrol on this course.
Our courses are responsive meaning they can be accessed on a PC, Laptop, Desktop, Mobile or tablet.
The course will assist in remaining compliant, getting a job, starting a career or to expand on your current learning and development.
A list of Career Paths you can pursue by purchasing this course.
- Health Care Professional
- Support Workers
Questions and answers
No questions or answers have been posted about this course.
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.Leave a review
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.