Add to basket or enquire
This Construction Management course is the perfect choice for those looking to broaden their knowledge in the field of construction and equip themselves with the skills that they need to progress their career in this area. Broken down into ten comprehensive and easy to follow modules, you will learn all about the full life cycle of the construction management process and gain a detailed understanding of the key disciplines in the sector.
- Course Access: Lifetime
- Exams Included: Yes
- Compatibility: All major browsers / devices
What you will learn
This course covers these key areas in detail, plus much more:
- The important phases of a construction management project, including design, pre-construction, procurement, construction and commissioning/completion
- The key activities that take place in each phase of a construction project and what success looks like
- The key technical skills and personal attributes that you need to become a good construction manager and how to develop a career in the field of construction management
- How project management skills can be successfully used within construction
- Estimating and bidding for construction work and how to write a successful tender
- The importance of health and safety on a construction site, including how to conduct risk assessments, manual handling techniques and dealing with accidents, injuries and hazardous materials
- How to choose, purchase and manage your equipment and building materials, including the importance of sustainability and environmentally friendly policies in the construction sector
- Implementing appropriate storage and waste management strategies on a construction site
- Why training is vital for all workers within construction, the key areas to train workers on and the different methods of training delivery
- An understanding of the purchasing process within a construction project, how to implement a stock control process and how to successfully negotiate with suppliers as part of a good purchasing strategy
- How to ensure good quality across the different phases of construction management, including quality standards and dealing with site inspections and legal regulations
- An overview of different types of employment and worker statutes found in the construction sector, including the use of contractors and subcontractors
- Common reasons for disputes and ways to avoid and resolve conflict.
Benefits of taking the course
The first module will provide you with an overarching general introduction to construction management and each subsequent module will focus on two or three specific areas, giving you all of the information and detail that you need to hit the ground running.
The course covers a good range of specific and technical construction detail and also more general management principles with the aim of giving you a broad and all-encompassing knowledge in the field.
Students working towards achieving a certificate in Construction Management will see a variety of benefits. These include the following:
- The ability to study from home, or anywhere with a convenient internet connection.
- Study at a pace that is comfortable for you. Since there is no time limit for this course, you will complete your studies, regardless of how long it takes you.
- You can study training material on any device including computers, tablets, or mobile phones.
- The ability to easily manage modules and understand course structure.
- Convenient online support available while you train.
- The opportunity to access a comprehensive syllabus that will assist you in acquiring the knowledge necessary to fast track you in the process to becoming a construction manager.
- The opportunity to gain prospects while applying for work or other opportunities in the industry.
- A certified and recognised certificate upon successful course completion.
- An affordable pricing structure.
Who should take this course?
This course is designed for anybody already working in the construction sector or anybody thinking of making a career move into the field. It is particularly useful for those who have previous experience within construction and are taking the next step into management. However, the course has been specifically designed to require no previous knowledge of construction.
Who can take the course?
Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?
The course is broken down into 10 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?
You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?
Once you have completed all modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?
The pass mark for the test is 70%. If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?
Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it.
How long does it take to complete the course?
We estimate that the course will take about 15 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
- Module 1: An Introduction to Successful Construction Management
- Module 2: Construction Projects Development and Organisation
- Module 3: Estimating the Construction Work and Investigating the Location for Site Selection
- Module 4 : Maintaining Site Organisation
- Module 5: Equipment Planning and Management
- Module 6: Managing Your Materials
- Module 7: Storage and Waste Management
- Module 8: Purchase Management
- Module 9: Maintaining Quality throughout Construction
- Module 10: Important legal contract information and HR
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
Hi, Is this course CITB accredited in order to obtain a black cscs card? Thanks
No, sorry it is not a CITB accredited course.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
any accreditation for this course
You get a CPD Certified Certificate of Completion.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
What sort of a job can you get on completion
The course will be great when applying for roles in construction as it will show employers you have understanding of the sector.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.Leave a review
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.