Purchase management refers to the process by which an organisation procures the materials and supplies required for completion of construction products. The actions and decisions of those involved affecting everything - from costs to completion dates to the quality of the final result. Of course, the required materials and supplies the construction project demands must also be appropriately stored. Which is why these two critically-important duties are unbreakably bound to one another. The more effective the purchase and storage management strategy, the greater the efficiency and potential of the entire project.
This exclusive tutorial has been designed for anyone looking to become a successful and capable construction manager. Study the component elements of purchasing in detail, along with material purchasing systems and a breakdown of the procurement process. Additional topics introduced include the receipt, transportation and inspection of materials, the material procurement cycle, the function, objectives, layout and location of stores, preservation techniques, receipt management and more.
- Describe the Elements of Purchasing
- Understand the Material Purchasing System
- Discuss the Role of Warehouses or Stores in construction management
- Elements of Purchasing
- Materials Purchasing System
- Offer Processing Stage
- Rate and Running Contract
- Receipt of Materials, Transportation and Inspection
- Material Procurement Circle
- Material procurement cycle
- Function and Objectives of Stores
- Location and Layout of Stores
- General Criteria for Layout of Stores
- Some preservation techniques
- Stores Systems and Procedures
- Management of Receipt
- Full Tutor Support
- Self paced, no fixed schedules
- Available to students anywhere in the world
- 24/7 Access to the LMS ( Learning Management System )
- Easy to understand quality e-learning study materials
- The benefit of applying for NUS extra Discount Card.
All course materials are included in the course price. All your study material will be available on our learning management system for which you will get access once you are enrolled. The material can be downloaded and printed as well.
Our distance learning course materials are specially written for home study and contain a wealth of knowledge in easy to understand language. We use variety of media to help you learn. Your course may use any of the following different media which you can use from home or where ever you choose to study:
- Online course materials
- Question papers
- Additional Supporting Material
- Useful Links
You will be continually assessed throughout the course. Your assignment will be marked by your tutor and independently moderated. The feedback on your assignment will then be sent to you. On receipt of this, you may wish to contact your tutor to discuss the feedback.
When you enrol on a course with Brentwood Open Learning College you are allocated your personal tutor. Tutor’s help and support will be available throughout your studies with the college. He/she will assess your work and will provide you with regular feedback on your progress.
Who is this course for?
- Managers, supervisors and team leaders
- Construction workers seeking for CPD
- Small business owners and entrepreneurs
- Staff working in construction industry and wishing to enhance their CVs
No prior knowledge is required to take this course.
Questions and answers
No questions or answers have been posted about this course.
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.
Please sign in to review this course.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.