University of Derby Online Learning
If you already have a Computing qualification at HND/foundation degree level, this course allows you to top it up to a full BSc in just one to two years. There are lots of optional modules so you can tailor the content to your interests or career aims.
This course has 3 intakes per year: September, January and May.
If you already hold an HND or foundation degree in a Computing subject or international equivalent qualification, top it up to a full Computing and IT BSc degree in one to two years with this online course. Gaining the full bachelors degree can improve your career prospects, strengthen your CV and allow you to move onto a masters degree at a later date, should you wish to.
Developed by leading specialists, our newly updated Computing and Information Technologies (Top-Up) BSc (Hons) degree has been designed around cutting-edge issues, events and digital developments.
The course will allow you to deepen your knowledge and understanding through research, case studies and practical skills-based projects. With a core focus on professional ethics and the wide-ranging impact of computing technologies in society, the programme will support learners in acquiring crucial skills which underpin the duties and responsibilities of today’s computing professionals.
Wide range of optional modules allows you to specialise in your preferred area
You can tailor the course to meet your own interests through our wide range of optional modules which includes Network Management and Security, Web Development, Cyber Security and Ethical Hacking.
As this course is delivered 100% online, there is ample opportunity to interact and network with other IT professionals from around the world, helping you to widen your professional network.
Who is this course for?
Those wishing to progress within the Computing and IT sector such as:
- IT Support Engineers, Network Engineers
- Systems Administrators and IT Teachers
- Network and Security Professionals
- Web and Software Developers
You need to have one of the following:
- HND or Foundation degree in a computing subject from a UK university (or international equivalent recognised by NARIC)
- Edexcel BTEC Level 5 HND Diploma in Computing and Systems Development (2010 QCF)
- British Computer Society (BCS) Diploma in IT (level 5) - including completion of the professional project
- HNC in computing subject plus at least 3 years relevant work experience in a computing role*
- Evidence of significant work and life experience may be taken as the equivalent of traditional qualifications.
This programme is designed for those who wish to advance their knowledge and understanding of important aspects of Computing and Information Technologies in order to enhance career opportunities or to prepare for postgraduate research.
It will provide you with transferable subject, academic and practical skills which are widely sought by today’s Computing and Information Technologies employers.
Questions and answers
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.