Add to basket or enquire
Computers and Internet for Beginners -CPD Certified
The introduction to computers course is ideal for anyone who is looking to learn basic computer and internet skills. This is an excellent course for students, teachers, professionals or anyone who would like to learn more about computers, the internet and social media.
Technology is evolving every day, and with a basic understanding of computers, not only can you communicate with a wider variety of people, but you can also get ahead in your personal and professional life. As you work through this course, you will obtain an overview of basic computer and internet skills and how to stay safe while you are online.
With this online course all of your course information is available whenever and wherever you require it. You are awarded the opportunity to study at a pace that is comfortable for you, which means you can access the course information 24 hours a day.
You can access the course with any internet enabled device, and you will receive complimentary online support while you train. Furthermore, you will find the course to be incredibly easy to go through thanks to the flexible modules.
Upon completion of this course and a multiple choice exam, you will be awarded your diploma. We can post your certificate to you for an additional cost, or you can download and print the diploma at home.
What You Will Learn
The introduction to computers course has been written to give students a full overview of basic computer skills, and it will put you on the fast track to success. The course covers the following:
- An introduction to computers
- Fixing mistakes and working with files
- Using your computer for daily tasks
- Keyboard shortcuts and applications
- What is the internet and basic internet skills
- How to use the internet
- How to use the Cloud
- How to use your email and social media
- How to stay safe on the internet
- Help buying computers
Benefits of the Introduction to Computers Diploma
When you work towards earning your introduction to computers diploma online, you will find a number of benefits. These include the following:
- You can study from anywhere there is a valid internet connection and you can study at a time that is convenient for you.
- You can also study at a pace that is comfortable for you. There is no time limit, so if it takes you days or months, you can still complete the course.
- The capability to study from any device including computers, mobile phones or tablets.
- There are easily manageable modules, which help to make studying an enjoyable experience.
- Friendly and convenient online support is available to help you stay on track.
- A comprehensive syllabus, which virtually guarantees that you will get the knowledge you require to work with computers in your personal and professional life.
- Improving your prospects when applying for work in your prospective industry.
- When completing the course, you will receive a certified diploma that is respected in the industry
- A pricing structure that is affordable.
Module 1: A Basic Overview of Computers
- The different parts that make up a computer
- How to turn on and operate a computer
- How to use a mouse and keyboard
- How to use an operating system
Module 2: Fixing Mistakes and Working with Files
- What to do when you make a mistake when using a computer
- How to undo and redo actions on a computer
- How to create, edit and delete files and folders
- How to locate files and folders on a computer
Module 3: Common Day-to-Day Computer Tasks
- How to understand the Menu Bar
- How to cut, copy, and paste
- How to undo changes
- How to adjust the settings on your computer
Module 4: Keyboard Shortcuts and Using Applications
- What keyboard shortcuts are
- How to use keyboard shortcuts in Windows
- How to use keyboard shortcuts in Mac OS
- How to use Windows applications
Module 5: Basic Internet Use
- What the internet and the world wide web is
- How the internet works
- Activities that you can do on the internet
- Choosing an internet service provider and setting up internet
Module 6: How to Use the Internet
- How to get online with a web browser
- How to identify the parts of an internet browser
- How to use a search engine to find information
- How to navigate a website
Module 7: Beyond Internet Basics
- How to use the cloud on the internet
- How to create effective usernames and passwords
- How to use sign-up forms
- How to use bookmarks and tabs
Module 8: Email and Social Media
- How to send and receive electronic mail
- How to use advanced email features
- How to manage your email inbox
- The most popular social networking sites
Module 9: Internet Safety
- How to create strong account passwords
- How to avoid common password mistakes
- How to recognise internet threats
- How to avoid spam and phishing
Module 10: Computer Buying Guide
- The different types of computers
- What you can use your computer for
- How much you should spend on a computer
- Choosing a processor, memory and operating system
Who is this course for?
There is no experience or previous qualifications required for enrolment on this course. It is available to all students, of all academic backgrounds.
Our Course is fully compatible with PC’s, Mac’s, Laptop, Tablet and Smartphone devices. Now more than ever people are using the internet while on the move so our course has been designed to be fully compatible on tablets and smartphones so you can access your course on wifi, 3G or 4G.
There is no time limit for completing this course, it can be studied in your own time at your own pace.
All tests are online and are taken either during or after the course, these are included in the price.
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course.Be the first to ask a question.
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.Leave a review
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.