CompTIA IT Fundamentals Training & Exam
CompTIA A+ is the first step towards a successful career in the IT industry, providing knowledge and practical skills to anyone – from complete beginners to experienced professionals.
The CompTIA IT Fundamentals course covers all the basics of IT; including everything from hardware and software essentials to the core fundamentals and principles of networking and cybersecurity. This course will ensure you are ready to kick-start a career in IT, providing an understanding of all major areas within IT.
Curious about starting your journey into the world of IT? We are here to help. Fill in the form above for a free consultation and expert guidance on your future.
Take the first step in your way to becoming a certified IT professional today with CompTIA and you could soon be earning up to £69,000! As the world relies more and more in IT, the world relies more and more on IT professionals, start CompTIA with us today and make your CV stand out!
Why study CompTIA with e-Careers?
- Obtain the most transferable IT qualifications on the planet
- Practice your skills in a real world environment with Live Labs
- Expert Tutor Support Available
- Obtain an ISO and globally recognised Certification
- Study online and in your own time
- Exam included
- Boost your earning potential with earnings averaging £69,000 with CompTIA!
- Join 2 million+ IT professionals who boast CompTIA certifications
- Stay relevant and up-to-date
We always have promotions and offers available. Call us now and we will give you today’s special.
Introducing a new partnership between e-Careers and Supercard that gives you the power to command superb savings with the UK’s best-loved brands while you learn:
Enquire now to find out about Supercard and see whether over £5,000 of benefits and savings is for you!
KEY BENEFITS OF SUPERCARD*
Completely free mobile phone & gadget insurance worth £15 per month
- Supercard holders don’t need to register their phone or gadget.
- 3 claims allowed per year, worth up to £1,000.
Free night in a luxury hotel
- Malmaison, Hotel Du Vin, De Vere
Free return flight to one of 13 European destinations
- Amsterdam, Barcelona, Berlin, Brussels, Madrid, Milan, Munich, Nice, Paris, Prague, Copenhagen, Krakow, Rome
Free week’s accommodation in the sun for up to 4 people
- 200 destinations worldwide to choose from
Free 12 month Gourmet Society membership
- RRP £69.99
- Up to 50% off at 7,000 restaurants
- Chains include, Prezzo, Loch Fyne, Café Rouge, Chef & Brewer, Strada
Up to 40% off cinema
- Chains include, Vue, Showcase, Empire, Reel Cinema
From a basic introduction to common computer components through to advanced techniques in maintaining security and performance of a desktop PC, students will have a good understanding of common PC issues and how to resolve them.
- The basic principles and use of operating systems like Microsoft Windows.
- Managing software and file types.
- Understanding computer peripherals and common ports and connectors used by modern PC hardware.
- Identifying and protecting against basic security threats and surfing the web safely.
- Building and configuring a basic network and sharing data with other network users.
- The basic use of a computer workstation, operating system and software.
- Simple troubleshooting techniques and safety techniques.
CompTIA IT Fundamentals is the only basic level exam in the CompTIA family. It covers a range of IT topics, from networking and cyber security essentials to hardware and software basics, and proves a solid understanding of the technology concepts and practices used by organisations. It’s a wise investment for those considering a career in IT and related positions that require an understanding of IT. It’s also the ideal starting point for individuals wishing to take further CompTIA exams of a Professional, Master and Speciality level.
The are 75 multiple choice questions on this 60 minute exam. Topics that may be tested will be of a foundation level and may include:
- Identifying and explaining computer components.
- Installing software.
- Establishing network connectivity.
- Preventing security risks.
What can I use it for?
CompTIA qualifications are recognised globally and seen as an entry requirement for many major companies across the world including some of the biggest tech giants.
CompTIA IT Fundamentals is perfect for you if you are working in IT sales or are looking to begin your career in IT from the very beginning and work your way from the bottom up.
Who are e-Careers?
E-Careers are an experienced market leader in online education with the widest range of accredited courses from trusted awarding bodies. With a variety of options available, our course specialists will make sure you enrol on the course that’s right for you.
Hand-picked, expert tutors will guide you through your chosen programme and technical support is always on hand to give you a smooth learning experience. E-Careers have helped over 400,000 people achieve their goals, see what they thought of us by searching e-Careers in TrustPilot and see what we could do for you today.
E-Careers are a CompTIA authorised partner.
Who is this course for?
The course is ideal for Junior IT technicians who need to develop their knowledge of computer basics or anyone who would like to improve their knowledge to move into the IT industry and study towards industry-approved qualifications.
There are no prerequisites for the course.
Once you have taken the IT fundamentals course you will be able to go onto further IT study – such as A+, Network+ or Security+ depending on your desired role in the industry. That would prepare you for most roles in IT such as system administrator, network engineer and support technician.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.