Add to basket or enquire
The CompTIA Cloud Essential certification is applicable to a wide range of IT professionals. the course is geared towards those currently in or looking for positions as IT consultants, IT technical services, IT relationship managers, IT architects, consultants and business process owners analysts. This course is the first step on a training path that leads to a technical career in cloud computing.
The course domains include:
- Course Introduction
- Introduction to Cloud Computing
- Business Perspective
- Technical Perspective
- Adopting the Cloud
- Operating in the Cloud
- Governing the Cloud
This is a video driven online training course that includes the following features: High quality streaming video content, Quizzes and tests, flashcards, study games, course outline, and course discussion forums. Some of our courses also come with downloadable pdf workbooks/study guides. Completion of a course allows you to print of your own personalised “Certificate of Completion”. You get 12 months unlimited online access to the complete course via our Student Portal. Go as fast or as slow as you like and repeat as often as necessary until you master the techniques described.
Domain 1.0 Characteristics of Cloud Services from a Business Perspective
- 1.1 Understand common terms and definitions of cloud computing and provide xamples.
- 1.2 Describe the relationship between cloud computing and virtualization.
- 1.3 Name early examples of cloud computing.
- 1.4 Understand several common definitions of cloud computing and their commonalities/differences.
- 1.5 Recognize what types organizations might benefit from cloud computing.
- 1.6 Recognize what types organizations might not benefit from cloud computing.
- 1.7 Distinguish between the different types of clouds, including XaaS, IaaS, PaaS, and give examples of them.
Domain 2.0 Cloud Computing and Business Value
- 2.1 Recognize the similarities and differences between cloud computing and outsourcing.
- 2.2 Understand the following characteristics of clouds and cloud services from a business perspective.
- 2.3 Demonstrate how the characteristics of cloud computing enhance business value.
Domain 3.0 Technical Perspectives/Cloud Types
- 3.1 Understand the difference between private and public types of clouds from a technical perspective and provide examples.
- 3.2 Understand at a high level the following important techniques and methods for cloud computing deployment.
- 3.3 Explain technical challenges and risks for cloud computing and methods to mitigate them for.
- 3.4 Describe the impact of cloud computing on application architecture and the application-development process.
Domain 4.0 Steps to Successful Adoption of Cloud
- 4.1 Explain typical steps that lead to a successful adoption of cloud computing services.
- 4.2 Understand the roles and capabilities of cloud computing vendors and dependencies on the vendors.
- 4.3 Understand the following organizational capabilities that are relevant for realizing cloud benefits.
- 4.4 Describe multiple approaches for migrating applications.
Domain 5.0 Impact and Changes of Cloud Computing on IT Service Management
- 5.1 Understand the impact and changes cloud computing on IT service management in a typical organization.
- 5.2 Use a structured approach based on ITIL to explore the potential impact of cloud computing in your organization.
Domain 6.0 Risks and Consequences of Cloud Computing
- 6.1 Explain and identify the issues associated with integrating cloud computing into an organization’s existing compliance risk and regulatory framework.
- 6.2 Explain the implications for direct cost and cost allocations.
- 6.3 Understand how to manage strategic flexibility
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course.Be the first to ask a question.
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.Leave a review
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.