In this Complete Teaching Assistant Diploma (TA, SEN, Autism, ADHD & Dyslexia) course, you will learn all the necessary skills and knowledge to supervise children and provide assistance to them. You will learn to identify different types of learning difficulties and explore plenty of easy to grasp tips and techniques to overcome those difficulties. In addition to that, you gain an excellent educational experience to work with younger children in preschool or elementary school age.
Enhance your teaching assistant skills to improve your prospects of gaining employment or promotion within the broad field of teaching industry.
Key features of the course:
- Lifetime access to the course
- No hidden fees, only pay the price of the course which includes exam fees.
- Recognised qualification upon successful completion of the course
- Study from anywhere, anytime, whenever it is convenient for you.
- Affordable and engaging e-learning study materials
- Study at your own pace from tablet, PC or smartphone
- Online tutor support when you are in need.
What you will learn
This Complete Teaching Assistant Diploma (TA, SEN, Autism, ADHD & Dyslexia) course is designed to provide you with the knowledge and skill you need as a teacher in the modern schools in the UK. The modules will teach you the followings:
- A broad introduction to Special Educational Needs.
- The history of SEN education.
- Explore the importance of having SEN knowledge.
- Understand the role and responsibilities of a teacher.
- Comprehend the SEN Code of Practice as well as understand the essential details and how to execute SEN methods in your classroom.
- Learn to work with the children with special needs and understand how to manage severe learning disabilities in your classroom.
- Identify different physical disabilities.
- Understand sensory difficulties, including cognitive impairments and many more.
- Learn essential tips on dealing with children with autism and how to interact with them and help them learn in your classroom.
- Understand how to identify learning difficulties and manage anger.
- Learn effective teaching methods and strategies which you can apply in your classroom.
Teaching Assistant Diploma
- Identify the best ways to support the school and the teacher.
- Learn how to train as a teaching assistant in the UK.
- Gain a good perception of schools as organisations.
- Learn how to support the development of students.
- Powerful tips to apply learning activities.
- Advice on how to engage in personal development and manage behaviour at all times.
- Learn some of the best ways to teach numeracy skills.
- Enhance your knowledge about information and communication technology in the classroom.
- Learn how to provide assistance to the children with special educational needs.
- Learn how to get parents involved in their child’s learning.
- Discover how to work with children who do not speak English as their first language.
Autism Awareness Diploma
This course is perfectly designed to help you understand the skills and gain the competence involved working with Autism. 24 modules will teach you everything you need to succeed in this profession. This course may also be convenient for parents who desire more detailed information about the development and education of their autistic children.
Dyslexia Awareness Diploma
This course will be ideal to enhance your knowledge and understand about competence involved working with Dyslexia. 6 separate modules will be teaching you everything you need the course can be studied by part-time or full-time at your own pace.
ADHD Awareness Diploma
Understand the skills and gain the competence involved working within ADHD by taking this course. This course filled with 7 modules teaching you every detail you need to succeed in this profession.
Fundamentals of Teaching
- Children & Young People’s development
- Maintaining excellent relationships with students and their families
- Children & Young People Safeguarding
- Section 1
- Section 2
- Section 3
- Section 4
- Section 5
- Section 6
- Section 7
- Section 8
- Section 9
- Section 10
- Section 11
- Section 12
- Section 13
- Section 14
- Section 15
- Special Educational Needs Essentials
- What is the role of a Teacher?
- SEN Code of Practice
- What is the SENCO?
- Strategies to deal with SEN students
- Awareness of Various disabilities amongst students
- Managing Autistic Students
- General Explanation of Learning Difficulties
- SEN student’s anger management techniques
- Down Syndrome Students
- Plenary of SEN
- Autism Essentials
- The onset of Autism in a Child
- Family background
- The Characteristics of Autism
- Autism – Speech and Communication
- Communication via body language
- Medicines and materials
- History of Autism
- The case for further research into Autism
- Treatment of Autism
- Assessment of Autism
- Autism Myths
- The signs of Autism within younger children
- Coping Mechanisms for Families
- Asperger’s Syndrome V Autism
- Animal Friendly Autism
- Educating Children with Autism
- Behaviours of an Autistic child
- The Autism Society of America
- Preparing the home for Autistic Child
- Nutrition for Autistic sufferers
- Bathroom education
- Challenges of the Autistic Adult
- Treatments – Alternatives
- ADHD 101
- What are the causes of ADHD?
- Assessment of ADHD
- Treatment – ADHD
- Education and ADHD
- What reasonable adjustments are allowed for ADHD students?
- Adults suffering from ADHD
- Dyslexia 101
- Symptoms of Dyslexia
- Mutual conditions
- Assessing Dyslexia
- Preparing the classroom for dyslexic students
- Dyslexia – Techniques and Methods
Assessment and Certification
The course is assessed online with a multiple-choice test, which is marked automatically. You will know instantly whether you have passed or not. Those who pass this test will have the qualification of Complete Teaching Assistant Diploma (TA, SEN, Autism, ADHD & Dyslexia). Certificate will be produced in PDF format at an additional cost and sent by email.
Who is this course for?
There is no experience or previous qualifications required for enrolment on this course. It is available to all students, of all academic backgrounds.
The skills you will gain from this course will help you to explore the wide range of pathways into primary and secondary teaching in the UK.
Questions and answers
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.
Please sign in to review this course.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.