Add to basket or enquire
If you’ve got a flair for hair and would like to launch a career as a hairdresser, this superb-value online course is the perfect place to start to learn the practical, technical, creative and administrative skills you will need to succeed. Hairdressing offers a number of rewarding career options including salon, spa or resort work, mobile hairdressing or even salon ownership.
What Will I Learn?
You’ll find out all you need to know about cutting and styling all kinds of hair to suit a wide range of tastes and face shapes. Not only that, you’ll master the crucial customer service and business skills you need to run an effective hair business.
Who is the Course For?
You don’t need any specific qualifications to start the course, but an interest in and aptitude for hair is a must. It’s also beneficial to have certain tools and equipment so that you can put the new skills you will learn into practice.
KEY LEARNING POINTS
Work through the 27 modules to learn all you need to know to become a hairdresser.
- Begin with an introduction to the hairdressing industry, exploring career opportunities and reasons to get into hairdressing.
- Learn about the history of hairdressing dating back to prehistoric times.
- Find out about job availability and what it’s like to work in the UK hairdressing industry.
- Get to grips with the anatomy of the hair and scalp including the hair life cycle and how hair grows.
- Learn about the essential tools of the trade including different types of combs and brushes, scissors, curling irons, hairdryers and more.
- Gain an insight into haircare products including the best brands of shampoo and conditioner, hair protein treatments, volumising products, hair-straightening creams, deep conditioners and hairsprays.
- Master phone and front desk etiquette and learn about best practice for client consultations.
- Learn the importance of identifying different hair types and how to work with Caucasian, Afro and Asian hair.
- Explore strategies for a successful salon including customer service hints, tips on how to develop special services and advice on learning to delegate.
- Get confident in the crucial area of matching hairstyles to face shapes.
- Master professional hair washing including hair washing for men.
- Learn about blow-drying for short, bobbed and long hair.
- Get to grips with hairstyling including creating curls, using irons and rollers to set curls and straightening hair.
- Gain insight into how hair colouring works and how to select and apply hair colour for your clients.
- Find inspiration on wedding and special occasion hair for short, medium, long, curly and straight hair.
- Gain a repertoire of hairstyles for children including ideas for girls, buzz cuts for boys and hairstyles for children with afro hair.
- Master hair-up styles and braiding techniques such as French twists, braided buns, halo braids, spiral braids and French braided topknots.
- Explore different types of hair extensions and learn about hair wefts.
- Learn to give an effective head and scalp massage and find out what tools and products this service requires.
- Become confident in the important area of personal presentation and how to keep the salon, tools and equipment clean and fit for purpose.
- Explore various career options including salon, spa and resort work, owning your own salon and offering a mobile hairdressing service.
- Gain insight into the importance of employing an efficient, customer-focused receptionist and dealing with the admin and inventory management side of the business.
- Learn about setting up your own salon including space considerations, estimating costs and the rules and regulations which govern salons.
- Get savvy with successful offline and online marketing strategies for your business.
- Find out how to obtain initial funding, set prices and manage costs.
- Learn the basics of record-keeping for salon businesses including the records you need to keep to complete a tax return.
ADVANTAGES OF THIS COURSE
- Online technical support is available if you need it.
- Enjoy 12 months access to the modules.
- Each module ends with a five-question test that you must get three correct on in order to move on.
- Complete the course in 15-20 hours plus half an hour for the test.
- Achieving the Hair Diploma unlocks the door to an exciting new career in hairdressing.
Kick off your new career in style by signing up to the Complete Hair Stylist & Salon Management Diploma today.
- Units of Study
Introduction, Career Opportunities and Reasons to Learn Hairdressing
History of Hair
Job Availability and Working in the UK Hairdressing Industry
Anatomy of Hair and Scalp
Hair and Scalp Analysis
Equipment needed to do Hair
Hair Care Products
Client Communications & Consultation
How to Work with different Hair Types
Strategies and Ideas for a Successful Salon
Hair Colour and Hair Shape
Professional Hair Washing, Shampoo and Conditioning
Everything about Blow-drying
Step-by-Step Hair Styling Techniques
Hair Colouring Techniques
Hairstyles for Weddings and Special Occasions
Hairstyles for Children
Hair Up-Styling and Braiding Techniques
Everything that you need to know about Hair Extensions
Head and Scalp Massage
Personal Presentation and Hygiene in a Salon
Analysing the Pros and Cons of Working in the Hairdressing Industry
Salon Reception and Customer Service
How to Set Up and Start your Own Salon Business
Marketing Strategies for Salon Businesses
Initial Funding, Setting Prices and Managing Costs
Forms and Record Keeping
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course.Be the first to ask a question.
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.Leave a review
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.