Data Law Limited
Add to basket or enquire
- On completion of this course you will:
- • Have a greater understand of, and be able to explain the rules on compensation claims set out in the GDPR and the Data Protection Act 2018
- • Have the knowledge and confidence required to advise colleagues and clients as to what they need to do to pursue or defend such a claim
What is the target audience?
- Private practice and in-house lawyers advising businesses on their dealings with data subjects
With all the attention paid to the increased fining powers of the ICO under the GDPR most organisations are unaware that the likelihood of individuals bringing a compensation claim against them is now ever more likely. In this session, the rules on compensation in the GDPR will be examined in detail together with relevant case law and a series of practical steps to minimise the risk will be outlined.
During this 30-minute session, solicitor and freelance trainer Keith Markham will consider the following:
• Definitions of ‘material’ and ‘non-material’ damage
• Primary v vicarious liability of employers for the actions of their employees
• Level of compensation to be awarded
• What steps need to be taken to minimise risk
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course. Be the first to ask a question.
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.