Add to basket or enquire
The Community Worker Training Course will benefit anyone who is interested in community work. It will particularly benefit healthcare providers, bank staff, agency workers, support workers, and social workers.
This course will provide you with a basic understanding of healthcare and safety rules in the UK. Also, you will learn about the diseases and disabilities that may affect older people. You will learn how to take good care of them and help them in critical situations.
This course will give you a complete outline of the skills and techniques required in the social and healthcare industry. This course will teach you the basic health and safety rules of nursing along with communication theories. Furthermore, you will learn about psychological as well as physical disabilities and diseases that occur in old age. Lastly, this course will also educate you about the symptoms and treatments of dementia.
Highlights of the Community Worker Training Course:
- Gain a better understanding of the healthcare and safety system in the UK
- Know the basics of adult nursing
- Develop your knowledge of the psychology of older people
- Learn how to take good care of older people
- Understand how to provide professional care for dementia victims
- Learn from the experts, earn a certificate and enhance your resume
This Community Worker Training Course will provide you with a comprehensive overview of the skills and techniques required in today’s modern social and healthcare industry. Initially, you’ll understand the patient’s hygiene procedures, including environmental health and safety awareness for the practising nurses, oral hygiene, and many more. You’ll learn how to secure patient safety and comfort in the adult care setting and assess the needs of the patient by promoting health and safety standards and provide thorough support for the patient and their families. Additionally, learn the techniques to prevent collisions, falls and protect patients who are at risk from trauma, injury, burns or scalds.
This course is designed with the following modules:
- Introduction to Adult Nursing
- Communication in Nursing
- Communication Theories in Nursing
- Health and Safety in Nursing
Psychology of Older Age
- What is ‘Developmental Psychology’?
- What is ‘Gerontology’?
- What we consider as ‘old age’
- What is ‘ageing’ and how it happens
- Common stereotypes of older people
- How stereotyping affects older people
- Life stages and Theories
- What do we look forward to in our older age?
Mental Health and Old Age
- Memory-related issues
- Learning disabilities
- Alzheimer’s disease and Dementia
- Chronic illness and Disabilities
- Substance abuse (addictions)
Improving Health and Wellbeing
- The effects of exercising
- Is it worth eating ‘healthy’ in older age?
- What else affects ‘health’ and ‘wellbeing’?
- Caring for older people
- Awareness and Misunderstanding
- Symptoms of Dementia
- Prevention and Treatment
- The Impact Of Stigma
- Caring for Dementia Victims
- Home Adaptations for People with Dementia
How is the course assessed?
To successfully complete the course you must pass an automated, multiple-choice assessment. The assessment is delivered through our online learning platform. You will receive the results of your assessment immediately upon completion.
Will I receive a certificate of completion?
Upon successful course completion, you will qualify for a CPD certificate from One Education as proof of your new skills. Certification is available in PDF format, at the cost of £9, or a hard copy can be sent to you via post, at the cost of £15.
Who is this course for?
Whether you’re an existing practitioner or aspiring professional, this course will enhance your expertise and boost your CV with key skills and an accredited qualification attesting to your knowledge.
The Community Worker Training Course is open to all, with no formal entry requirements. All you need is a passion for learning, a good understanding of the English language, numeracy and IT, and to be over the age of 16.
To complete the course, no previous education is required. Everybody who can read and write is eligible for this training. However, you must be above 16 years old and have an internet connection and thirst for knowledge to get the best out of this course.
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course. Be the first to ask a question.
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.