Inclusive Solutions UK Limited
Add to basket or enquire
Hi, I’m Colin Newton - Psychologist and Director at Inclusive Solutions.
I have spent my career committed to inclusive education and have run many PATH and MAP sessions for over 20 years. I still love this unique approach and am sure you will too. I was privileged to learn this way of working directly from the creators Jack Pearpoint, Marsha Forest and John O'Brien.
- 1: About Your Teachers 04:00
- 2: 1 - Introduction to Community Circles 00:53
- 3: 1a - NGC Community Circle 01:10
- 4: 2 - Inclusive Solutions' Community Circle Work 06:05
- 5: 2a - Community Circle - Nottingham 02:38
- 6: 3 - Background 01:54
- 7: 4 - Looking at your own Circles of Support - Constructing a Circle 03:48
- 8: 4a - Looking at your Own Circles of Support - Reflection 12:04
- 9: Activity 01:00
- 10: 5 - Gold Standard Inclusion 07:45
- 11: Quiz 1 01:00
- 12: 6 - ABCD 03:14
- 13: 7 - What is a Community Circle? 10:50
- 14: Activity 01:00
- 15: 7a - Nottingham Community Circle 17:03
- 16: 1 - Warm Welcome 03:18
- 17: 2 - Start Meeting 00:53
- 18: 3 - Good and New 05:01
- 19: 4 - Value Bricks 00:47
- 20: 5 - Roof of Safety 03:04
- 21: 5 - Roof of Safety 01:00
- 22: 6 - Previous Meeting 00:57
- 23: 7 - Needs, Wants and Offers 08:18
- 24: 8 - Needs 00:25
- 25: 9 - Wants 00:43
- 26: 10 - Offers 01:06
- 27: 11 - Accouncements 00:40
- 28: 12 - Reality Check 01:06
- 29: 13 - Final Appreciations 05:45
- 30: 13a - Community Circle Follow Up Day 01:01
- 31: 14 - Networking 01:28
- 32: Introduction 07:17
- 33: Steps 1 and 2 01:51
- 34: Steps 3, 4 and 5 06:37
- 35: Steps 7 - 10 04:47
- 36: Conclusion 05:29
- 37: Quiz 2 01:00
- 38: Quiz 3 01:00
- 39: Resources and Recommended Reading 02:00
- 40: Woodbridge Community Circle 01:00
- 41: What is the Impact of the Community Circle? 04:08
- 42: Online Community Support 01:00
About this course
In this course we will explore how we have attempted to build inclusive circles of support around individuals and contrast this with a radical approach to hospitality and community building – the Community Circle.
The course features the high quality video that can also be found in the the 35 minute video training guide course but provides much more besides.
The purpose of community circles is to bring people from a local community together to share their skills, talents, gifts and resources. This idea is based upon the premise that ALL of us need three things in our lives to make us happy and fulfilled, these being money, friendship andmeaning. We believe that everyone needs a community, everyone needs to be heard and everyone needs to have fun.
Community Circles are based upon reciprocity and the assumption that everyone has both gifts and needs – whether these are labelled or not. The circles adopt the fundamental value of inclusion that ‘all means all’ - no one is excluded from community circles, rather the circlemembers work out how to include everyone equally and safely instead.
A community circle is made up of participants and allies from the local community. The meeting starts with everyone sharing food and conversations. Next the group comes together in a circle so that everyone can see each other and share what is good and new in their lives with everyone getting a turn to be listened to. ‘New and Good’ breaks the habit of thinking about and acting from what’s wrong, it is an exercise of giving and receiving attention with one another and it provides a strong foundation of strengths from which we can think about and tackle difficulties. The group is then asked the question: what do they want, need or have to offer?
Community circles provide a great foundation or starting point from which to explore connections, build relationships, locate resources and share skills. These circles will be a particularly important resource for Brokers and the people that they work for. They provide a safe forum in which people can meet and friendships can start, a natural reservoir of people and relationships where people can be invited to offer their time and capacity.
To be successful we begin with a belief in inclusion. A belief that:
- We are all born ‘in’.
- All means all.
- Everyone needs to belong.
- Everyone is ready.
- Everyone needs support.
- Everyone can communicate.
- Everyone can contribute.
- Together we are better.
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course. Be the first to ask a question.
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.