Add to basket or enquire
The online Community Care and Mental Health Course from Oplex Careers aims to provide a strong insight into learning core skills related to community care specifically discussing community care within the the mental health sector, discussing history, future developments and more.
The online Community Care and Mental Health Course will introduce you to learning key skills aimed at community care in the mental health sector, as well as key principles to learn when working directly in the community supporting those with mental health conditions, developing these skills and more. Whether you are familiar with key principles already, you want to get started working in community care and more specifically mental health, looking for more training, or just interested in this field of study, this course will cover a range of modules and provide multiple examples for assessment.
The Community Care and Mental Health Course is split into the following modules:
- Introduction to Community Care and Mental Health
• Defining community care
• What is the purpose of community care
• Who benefits from this type of care
- The importance of the community care
• The importance of care in the community
• How this care is especially useful when supporting those within mental healthcare
• Threats facing mental health community care
- Different types of community care
• Different types of community care services
• Identifying who needs the various services
• Costs related with the different services
- The rights of a person receiving
• Human rights relating to healthcare
• The rights of carers in health care
• Identifying and understanding the threats to people’s care rights
- Access to Community Care Providers
• The limitations of with access to community care
• Where to access these services
• What to the different providers offer
- Training for Community Care Providers
• Training important and essential for carers in the community
• The importance of training
- The History and Future of Community Care
• How and why community care began
• The developments within community care
• The future of community care in mental health
- Final Assessment
To assess the learners ability and knowledge to effectively understand the topics contained within the Community Care and Mental Health Course, the course features a number of end of module interactive quiz questions.
Additionally, at the end of the course learners will also take an online multiple choice assessment test. This online multiple choice test is marked automatically so you will receive an instant grade and know whether you have passed the course.
On successful completion of this Community Care and Mental Health Course. This certificate will be produced in PDF format, hard copies of the certificate will be available at an additional fee of £9.99.
This course is delivered online through eLearning. Learners of the course will receive instant access to our interactive student learning portal, which offers 24/7 access to the Community Care and Mental Health Course.
The online Community Care and Mental Health Course requires 40 hours to complete the course in full. This is only a guide to the learning hours required and it depends on how quickly an individual can absorb the information. The learning is online so it can be spread out over multiple sessions or done in one session.
Learners will have access to this course for up to 12 months from the date of joining. There is no time limit to complete the course during this period.
When you are studying a course it is always useful to know that you have the help and support of tutors that want you to succeed in your studies.
As part of the Community Care and Mental Health Course you will receive access to our dedicated tutor support service. The academic tutors will be able to provide you with unlimited online email support to help answer any questions that you may have whilst you are studying the course.
Our Community Care and Mental Health Course is fully compatible with PC’s, Mac’s, Laptop, Tablet and Smartphone devices.
We know that more and more people are using the web whilst they are on the move, so we have designed this Community Care and Mental Health Courseto be fully compatible across tablet and smartphone devices. You will be able to access the same content from the course, just over a 3G or 4G network whilst on the move.
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course. Be the first to ask a question.
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.