Communication Skills for Managers (In-Company)
Price includes VAT
This course can the be taken as a CMI Award - additional price, £82 +... Read more
- Tutor is available to students
- Certificate of completion available and is included in the price
As people, we communicate virtually all of the time, however not everyone does it as well they could. This communication skills course has been developed specifically with the needs of today’s manager in mind. It looks at how to communicate effectively from a position of authority, giving managers skills to motivate their team and achieve performance improvement through them while retaining their respect.
This course can also be taken as part of our CMI Modular Level 3 Certificate in First Line Management. You can also achieve a Level 3 Award in First Line Management by completing a written assessment after this course. Call us to find out more.
WHY ARE COMMUNICATION SKILLS SO IMPORTANT?
According to research conducted by the CIPD, 96.8% of employees across the ‘100 Best Companies to Work For’ consider their line managers to be their key role models for best practice. Therefore, poor managerial communication can have negative effects across the entire organisation.
This course can help to overcome these issues by making sure line managers are maximising communication opportunities and therefore the potential and productivity of their team. As a result, teams will proactively generate solutions and ideas, work cohesively and have lower absenteeism.
WHAT TOPICS ARE COVERED ON THIS COURSE?
- Describing the importance of communication within the management role with particular reference to employee engagement
- Explaining Transactional Analysis as a concept for underpinning the success of communication within your team and with other stakeholders
- Identification of appropriate communication channels to achieve your objective and satisfy the needs of your audience
- Building a strategy for adapting your communication style to successfully influence, motivate and manage others
- Delivering written communication to a set of four core criteria
- Holding successful and inspiring team meetings and briefings
- Formulating a networking diagram and committing to action points to build existing and potential relationships
- Delivering a persuasive argument using a five stage model
- Identifying the role of communication in motivation, delegation and delivering feedback
- Delivering a structured impromptu presentation as part of a small group
- Planning how to measure the success of your communication with your immediate team
- Creating a communication strategy for the future to get your message across effectively
WHAT WILL I GET OUT OF ATTENDING THIS COURSE?
By attending this course you will gain:
- an understanding of the necessities of good managerial communication techniques
- greater awareness of your own preferred style of communication for successful communication
- strong working relationships built through robust communication skills
- improved personal and team performance
- The opportunity to progress to a nationally-recognised qualification
Who is this course for?
This course offers training in how to effectively listen to staff and how to talk to them correctly. Learners will discover how to maximise the flow and effectiveness of communication, improve morale, build trust and gain commitment from others.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.