Add to basket or enquire
This CBT (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy) course teaches the skills required for those wishing to learn Cognitive Behavioural Therapy for self-help and those wishing to learn CBT for therapy and counselling. This course is ideal for counsellors, NLP practitioners, hypnotherapists and life coaches who want to add Cognitive Behaviour Therapy to their skills and techniques.
By the end of this course, you will:
Understand CBT: Gain a comprehensive understanding of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, its principles, and its application in various contexts.
Identify Negative Thought Patterns: Learn how to identify and address negative thought patterns contributing to emotional distress and problematic behaviours.
Make Positive Changes: Acquire techniques and strategies to make positive changes in thought patterns, emotions, and behaviors for yourself and your clients.
Apply CBT to Common Problems: Explore the application of CBT to address a range of common issues, including anxiety, depression, addiction, low self-esteem, anger, and sleep difficulties.
Develop Therapeutic Skills: Develop the skills necessary to use CBT effectively, whether working with clients or applying it to your own life.
Become Your Own CBT Practitioner: Gain the confidence and knowledge to be your own Cognitive Behavioral Therapist, enabling you to take control of your mental and emotional well-being.
Moreover, the course has been accredited by the CPD group, and they will earn you the essential 8 CPD points for your Continuous Professional Development.
After completing this course, you will have the following skills and knowledge:
- What is CBT, and what are the benefits of doing CBT
- The principles of CBT
- A variety of CBT tools and techniques for addressing thoughts, feelings, beliefs and changing behaviours
- How to identify problems and find solutions
- How to identify the critical thoughts, feelings, beliefs and behaviours to work on
- How to tackle faulty thinking styles
- How to challenge unhelpful beliefs and create helpful beliefs
- How clients use metaphor and how to use metaphors therapeutically
- Relaxation and mindfulness skills
Career prospects after completing this course:
Completing this course opens up various career prospects across multiple fields. Here are some of the exciting career prospects you can explore after completing the course:
- Clinical Psychologist or Therapist: With CBT training, you can become a licensed clinical psychologist or therapist specialising in treating individuals with various mental health issues such as anxiety, depression, phobias, and trauma.
- Counsellor or Social Worker: Many counsellors and social workers incorporate CBT techniques into their practice. Completing a CBT course can enhance your counselling skills, making you a more effective professional in mental health.
- Psychiatrist: Psychiatrists often use CBT alongside medication to treat patients with psychiatric disorders.
- School Counselor or Educational Psychologist: CBT techniques are valuable in educational settings. You can work as a school counsellor, helping students manage academic and emotional challenges, or pursue a career as an educational psychologist, conducting assessments and interventions to support student learning.
- Human Resources Professional: HR professionals benefit from CBT skills when managing employee well-being, conflict resolution, and organisational stress management. This knowledge can help create a healthier work environment and boost employee morale.
- Addiction Counselor: As an addiction counsellor, you can help individuals recover from addiction and develop healthier coping mechanisms.
- Child and Adolescent Therapist: Specialising in working with children and teenagers, you can help young individuals overcome behavioural and emotional challenges using CBT strategies.
Course Central proudly offers a Certificate of Completion to all who complete courses successfully. Course Central tracks the learner's course progress. However, the learner is responsible for validating the completion and understanding of the course. All Certificates of Completion can be validated from the Course Central website using the validation code.
A Transcript for the course with completed module details can also be ordered. Please note that all course Certificates and Transcripts will be titled as published on the Course Central platform.
Why Choose the Cognitive Behavioural Therapy course?
- Accredited by the CPD group, and you can earn 8 CPD points
- Get Instant E-certificate
- Fully online
- Self-paced learning and laptop, tablet, and smartphone-friendly
- 24/7 Course Support
CBT: Cognitive Behavioral Therapy For Therapists & Coaches course
What is Cognitive Behavioural Therapy(CBT)?
The concept of Cognitive Behavioural Therapy is explained and explains whom the therapy works best.
Who uses Cognitive Behavioural Therapy?
CBT (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy) can be used with Children, Couples, and families in the Workplace, Coaching and Self-Help.
How do you do CBT?
The principles of CBT (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy) are explained, expanding on setting Goals and objectives, Scaling and Measuring Progress, and practice activity.
Identifying Problems, Challenges & Solutions
Identifying the problem and challenges and finding solutions through practical activities are crucial in CBT.
Negative Automatic Thoughts (NATs)
Understanding Negative Automatic Thoughts (NATs) and Observing the Self is crucial for the person having Cognitive Behavioural Therapy.
This module covers a wide range of different thought records and how to capture the thoughts to analyse the thought patterns of the person having the behavioural therapy session.
Thinking, Feeling and Behaviours
Worry Map is introduced in this module to understand the connection Between Thinking and Feeling, the Power of Thoughts, the Causal Thought, and the Downward Arrow Technique, along with a practice activity and quiz.
Challenging Negative Thoughts
Knowing how to challenge negative thoughts is essential to identify the truth and fiction. This module focuses on Negative Thoughts, Commitment to Change, Stages of learning, and developing alternative perspectives with practice activities and quizzes.
When negative thoughts are true
This module expands on developing a plan of Action when negative thoughts are true.
Faulty thinking styles
The instructor discusses recognising the Faulty Thinking Styles with examples and checking them against evidence.
This module highlights emotions, developing emotional intelligence and identifying real feelings.
Changing Learned Behaviours is an essential part of Cognitive Behavioural Therapy and is explained with various experiments and practice activities.
This module focuses on understanding the difference between thoughts and beliefs, different types of beliefs, and how to discover them, challenge them and create helpful beliefs for the individual having the behavioural treatment.
Additional CBT therapeutic ideas
Ideas like the Power of Imagination, Metaphorical Thinking, and Therapeutic Use of Metaphors are used as additional CBT Therapeutic Ideas. It is also essential to keep clients motivated and help them with symptom relief.
Relaxation, Mindfulness and Mental Rehearsal
Relaxation to calm the mind through breathing, muscle relaxation, mental rehearsal, reframing of the past, and mindfulness are all covered in this module.
Treating Different Conditions with CBT
This module concerns working with sleep difficulties, anxiety, depression, addictions, confidence and self-esteem, and anger.
While CBT has many benefits, it also has its challenges. The instructor demonstrates a Cognitive Behavioural Therapy session as anyone practising CBT should follow.
The course contains a mandatory online assessment. Results are instantly provided. The successful assessment requirement is 60%. Multiple assessment attempt is allowed and is free of charge. However, this will make the previous assessment result invalid.
Who is this course for?
Who Can Benefit from This Course?
Are you looking better to understand your thoughts, emotions, and behaviours? Do you want to develop practical skills to manage stress, anxiety, depression, and other psychological challenges? If so, this Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) course might perfectly fit you.
- Individuals Seeking Self-Improvement: If you're interested in personal growth and want to enhance your emotional well-being, this course is tailored to provide the tools to achieve just that. CBT can empower you to identify and change unhelpful thought patterns and behaviours.
- Professionals in Mental Health and Counseling: Are you a mental health practitioner or counsellor seeking to enhance your therapeutic skills? Understanding CBT can be a game-changer in your practice. It's widely recognized as an evidence-based approach to treating various mental health disorders, making it essential knowledge for professionals in this field.
- Teachers and Educators: CBT techniques are valuable not only in clinical settings but also in education. Teachers can benefit from this course to learn strategies for managing classroom dynamics, helping students cope with stress, and fostering a positive learning environment.
- Managers and Leaders: Effective leadership often involves understanding and managing the emotions and behaviours of oneself and others. This course can provide valuable insights and strategies for enhancing your leadership skills.
- Parents and Caregivers: If you're a parent or caregiver, CBT can be invaluable in helping you support your child's emotional development and resilience. You'll learn techniques to promote healthy thought patterns and emotional regulation in your children.
Existing qualification level: No specific previous qualification is required. However, a basic understanding of English and ICT would benefit understanding the content.
Existing skill levels: Minimum ICT skills to operate any computer system is beneficial. No skill in working with CBT is essential.
Technical requirements: Access to any computer or laptop would benefit from practising and following instructions.
Completing this CBT course opens doors to becoming a licensed CBT therapist, counsellor, or coach, with opportunities in private practice, clinics, schools, and organisations. Advancement may include specialization, supervisory roles, or even authoring CBT resources.
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
Is the Time Management course being offered free as part of this course?Answer:
Hi Bushra, Yes you will get the mentioned four additional courses for free with the purchase.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Hi there, is this course suitable for beginners?Answer:
Hi Amanda, The Cognitive Behavioural Therapy Course starts with the basic knowledge of Cognitive Behavioural Therapy and gradually shares expertise knowledge. And yes this course is suitable for beginners.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Hi, I would like to buy a bulk of this course for all my staff. Would I receive separate logins to give to each member of staff?Answer:
Dear Kay, yes we will give the login details to all of your staffs. If you have any more questions, please feel free to ask us.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Certificate of completion
Digital certificate - Included
The digital certificate of Completion can be requested free of charge.
Bonus video with Cognitive Behavioural Therapy demonstration by the Industry Expert.