Add to basket or enquire
Coaching and Mentoring - Trainer Training, Materials & Trainer Resources
You are in your office looking over your performance report and it happened again. Your low performing employee failed to meet quota this month even after you spoke with them about the importance of meeting goals. This employee has a great attitude and you know they can do better. You just do not know how to motivate them to reach the goal. Money used to work, but that has worn off. You are baffled and you know being frustrated makes matters worse. What do you do?
Study method - Online, self-paced (6-12 study hours)
Course format - Online (24/7 access), modular
Course Duration - Part-time (1 year access)
Qualification - Certificate of completion
Course Delivery – via desktop PC/MAC, laptops, tablets or smart phones
Awarded Body – IAOTS Accredited/CPD Standards
The coaching and mentoring online course focuses on how to better coach your employees to higher performance. Coaching is a process of relationship building and setting goals. How well you coach is related directly to how well you can foster a great working relationship with your employees through understanding them and strategic goal setting.
The objectives of this coaching and mentoring online course are to:
- Define coaching, mentoring and the GROW model.
- Identify and set appropriate goals using the SMART technique of goal setting.
- Identify the steps necessary in defining the current state or reality of your employee’s situation.
- Identify the steps in developing a finalized plan or wrapping it up and getting your employee motivated to accomplish those plans.
- Identify the benefits of building and fostering trust with your employee.
- Identify the steps in giving effective feedback while maintaining trust.
- Identify and overcoming common obstacles.
- Identify when the coaching is at an end and transitioning your employee to other growth opportunities.
- Identify the difference between mentoring and coaching.
What’s covered in this course?
This coaching and mentoring e-learning course covers the following:
Module One: Getting Started
- Housekeeping Items
- The Parking Lot
- Workshop Objectives
Module Two: Defining Coaching and Mentoring
- What is Coaching?
- What is Mentoring?
- Introducing the GROW Model
Module Three: Setting Goals
- Goals in the context of GROW
- Identifying Appropriate Goal Areas
- Setting SMART Goals
Module Four: Understanding the Reality
- Getting a Picture of Where You Are
- Identifying Obstacles
- Exploring the Past
Module Five: Developing Options
- Identifying Paths
- Choosing Your Final Approach
- Structuring a Plan
Module Six: Wrapping it All Up
- Creating the Final Plan
- Identifying the First Step
- Getting Motivated
Module Seven: The Importance of Trust
- What is Trust?
- Trust and Coaching
- Building Trust
Module Eight: Providing Feedback
- The Feedback Sandwich
- Providing Constructive Criticism
- Encouraging Growth and Development
Module Nine: Overcoming Roadblocks
- Common Obstacles
- Re-Evaluating Goals
- Focusing on Progress
Module Ten: Reaching the End
- How to Know When You"ve Achieved Success
- Transitioning the Coachee
- Wrapping it All Up
Module Eleven: How Mentoring Differs from Coaching
- The Basic Differences
- Blending the Two Models
- Adapting the GROW Model for Mentoring
- Focusing on the Relationship
Module Twelve: Wrapping Up
- Words from the Wise
- Review of Parking Lot
- Lessons Learned
- Completion of Action Plans and Evaluations
What is coaching and mentoring
"Coaching and mentoring – the difference. Coaching and mentoring use the same skills and approach but coaching is short term task-based and mentoring is a longer term relationship. The CIPD differentiates between coaching, mentoring and counselling"
"Coaching is a form of development in which a person called a coach supports a learner or client in achieving a specific personal or professional goal by providing training and guidance. The learner is sometimes called a coachee"
"Mentorship is a relationship in which a more experienced or more knowledgeable person helps to guide a less experienced or less knowledgeable person"
Why choose our online training courses?
All our e-learning courses can be accessed on any electronic/computerised device. You can study at work or at home, in your own time and at your own pace!
- Easy to follow and understand
- Only 6-12 hours recommended study time
- 1 year access to course & learning materials
- Access your course anytime, anywhere & on any device
- Complete course on desktop computer, laptop, tablet or smartphone
- Additional references and downloadable materials available
- Certificate (IAOTS Accredited)
- The content of this online training course has been independently certified as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
- All our online courses are accredited and internationally recognised by the International Association of Online Training Standards (IAOTS).
Are you responsible for organisational training and development or organisational statutory and mandatory compliance? You may want to find out more about how Learning Management System (LMS) may help your organisation. With our interactive LMS, managers and administrators can easily:
- set up a FREE blended learning environment;
- upload essential documents;
- upload individual and group learners;
- manage learners, including tracking progressreview who has c
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course.Be the first to ask a question.
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.Leave a review
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.