Cloud and Datacenter Monitoring with System Center Operations Manager is a Microsoft on-demand training program with the course code - OD10964CC.
Microsoft on-demand uses high-quality video, hands-on labs and knowledge-checking assessments to improve your Microsoft technical skills.
Created and presented by Microsoft experts, Microsoft On-Demand provides accurate content to help you develop – no matter your schedule.
- Official Microsoft content
- 90 days access to suit your schedule
- Learn anytime, anywhere at your own pace
- Save on travel costs
- Participate in virtual lab environments
- Reinforce learning with assessments
- Access content around the clock
- Purchase your Microsoft On-Demand product
- Receive an access code
- Login and start learning
- Finish your course and save or print your certificate
This course equips students with the skills they require to deploy and configure System Center 2012 R2 Operations Manager.
On completing the course, students will understand:
- How to architect and implement a System Center 2012 R2 Operations Manager Management Group.
- How to upgrade and migrate from an existing Operations Manager 2007 R2 Management Group to System Center 2012 Operations Manager, System Center 2012 SP1 Operations Manager and System Center 2012 R2 Operations Manager.
- The key elements of Management Packs including Object Discoveries, Rules, Monitors, Targeting and Run As Accounts and Run As Profiles. This includes authoring Management Packs.
- How to configure fabric and application monitoring in System Center 2012 R2 Operations Manager including both datacenter and cloud resources such as networking, storage and compute.
- How to configure monitoring of .NET and Java based applications using Application Performance Monitoring.
- How to configure end-to-end service monitoring including synthetic transactions and Distributed Application Diagrams.
- How to configure Dashboards, Service Level Tracking Reporting and the SharePoint Web Part to enable visualization of key performance and availability metrics.
- How to customize the Operations Manager Console to meet the needs of different application support teams.
- How to integrate Operations Manager with other System Center 2012 R2 components and extend monitoring to include key business processes and procedures.
- How to troubleshoot an Operations Manager Management Group and perform disaster recovery procedures such as database and management server recovery.
- How to use new features in System Center 2012 R2 including: Integration with System Center Advisor, Integration with Team Foundation Server, IntelliTrace, and Managing Windows Azure.
- Module 1: Overview and Architecture
- Module 2: Deploying a new System Center 2012 R2 Operations Manager Management Group
- Module 3: Upgrading Operations Manager
- Module 4: Configuring Fabric and Application Monitoring
- Module 5: Application Performance Monitoring
- Module 6: End to End Service Monitoring
- Module 7: Scorecards, Dashboards and Reporting
- Module 8: Configuring and Customizing the Console
- Module 9: Management Pack Authoring
- Module 10: Integrating Operations Manager with Other System Center Components
- Module 11: Troubleshooting, Tuning and Disaster Recovery
It is recommended students taking this course have experience in cloud and datacentre administration but are new to System Center 2012 R2 Operations Manager. Students are likely to be those responsible for deploying, configuring and operating it in their cloud or datacenter.
Another interested audience could be cloud and datacenter administrators who are familiar with Operations Manager and want to improve their skills to include the new features of System Centre 2012 Operations Manager, System Center 2012 SP1 Operations Manager and System Center 2012 R2 Operations Manager.
Questions and answers
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.
Please sign in to review this course.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.