Add to basket or enquire
Managers, supervisors and mechanics alike, require an understanding of the fundamental requirements behind the successful planning and controlling linked to production.
So, if you are looking to enhance your current career status by expanding your capabilities in production management, then this course is the ultimate one for you. Production managers often run such courses, yet few are qualified trainers.
What will I learn?
With this course you will have the opportunity to do exactly that. Gain essential and valuable knowledge to form your own successful pathway to management. This course concentrates on the short-term problems, like meeting today's targets. It is structured to form the core of a supervisors' or junior managers' course.
Why should I enrol onto this course?
This programme consisting of 12 easy-to-digest modules will ensure that you obtain all the necessary skills to help your path to management soar. An additional advantage is that you can study this course from anywhere, at anytime, meaning that that will easily accommodate any existing commitments.
KEY LEARNING POINTS
This course is will teach you the basic tools of production management, the tools of supervision. It has been worded to deliver material similar to a lecturer’s tutorial.
- Understand the role and various duties of a sewing room supervisor.
- Recognise the duties of an operative.
- Recognise the importance of weekly meetings.
- Learn how loss of output can be controlled in the workplace.
- Be able to define "On standard and off standard".
- Be able to compare ‘overheads’ with ‘direct costs’.
- Understand the basic tools of work study.
- Discover the relevance and importance of ‘Method Study’ in the workplace.
- Analyse systems of primary work measurements used in the industry.
- Understand the difference between Time Study and Predetermined Motion Time Study.
- Learn how to avoid common timing errors.
- Explore the method used to calculate standard time.
- Gain knowledge of key steps to a properly balanced line.
- Discover how skills inventory is used to improve a supervisors workers’.
- Learn what you would use floaters for.
- Examine what purpose production checks have.
- Examine the benefits and purpose of balancing exercises.
- Analyse the information you must have to do balancing exercises properly.
- Discover the characteristics of production systems.
- Look at the various sorts of production flow and their advantages and disadvantages.
- Examine what production planning and control entail.
- Gain an understanding of quality control.
- Analyse the meaning of ‘fitness for purpose’.
- Identify what NACERAP stands for.
- Establish the importance of controlling the quality of work from design to the finished product.
- Look at the qualities tested for during a garment’s inspection.
- Identify the various methods used for marking cloth.
- Identify the ‘power tools’ used for cutting cloth.
- Evaluate how supervisors can best use the talents of the people who make up their sections.
- Understand what is considered to be the most important qualities of a good supervisor.
- Understand how to lead a team successfully.
- Look at the various steps a trainee must go through to attain a supervisory position.
- Understand the fundamental steps of training.
- Recognise the importance of follow up training and retraining in the workplace.
- Learn how you would chart and plan a factory layout.
- Discover the conditions that impact on a good factory layout.
- Learn the principals of network analysis.
ADVANTAGES OF THIS COURSE
- No pre-requisite
- Available with immediate access from anywhere.
- It can be studied in your own time, at your own pace.
- At the end of each unit there is a multiple choice question assessment, which is a great way to help you remember the main points of each lesson and confirmation that you have retained the essential knowledge.
- Once you have successfully completed all the modules for your course, you will be awarded: A Diploma.
UNITS OF STUDY
- The sewing room supervisor
- How output is lost
- Basic method study
- Basic work measurement
- Balancing exercises
- Production systems, planning and control
- Total quality control
- Quality from design to despatch
- Production and people
- Charting and layouts
Course completion certificate included.
Free technical support available 7am-7pm GMT via email, telephone or online chat.
This course is compatible with Windows, Mac, iPhone, iPad and Android devices.
Learn anytime, anywhere!
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course. Be the first to ask a question.
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.