Academy for Health & Fitness
Add to basket or enquire
This Clinical Training for Nurses and Carers – Catheterisation is the only guide you need for learning the essential topics thoroughly and acquire the necessary skills for a special discounted price. With only 2 hours of training towards your CPD-accredited certificate and course materials designed by industry experts, any of your dreams in professional life can be turned into a reality.
Our exclusive Clinical Training for Nurses and Carers – Catheterisation Course follows an advanced curriculum with topics broken down into a total of 7 scaled-down modules for your ease of self-paced learning. These modules will assist you in grasping the basics and leading you to the steps of getting a comprehensive understanding of all aspects of the Clinical Training for Nurses and Carers – Catheterisation Course. The course materials designed by experts are easily accessible 24/7 by any of your smartphones, laptops, PCs, tablets etc. Our expert instructors are available on weekdays to listen to any of your queries via email and help you in achieving your goals.
Finally, you will receive a CPD-accredited certificate which will fast-track your career and showcase your expertise on this topic to excel in your professional life. This professional certification along with your in-depth understanding of the course materials will put you ahead in this sector as well as the relevant job market.
Key Topics to Be Covered
- The different types of urinary tract infections (UTIs) and their symptoms
- Understanding the risks of catheterisation
- What is a urinary catheter and how is it inserted?
- An overview of the types of urinary catheters
- When is catheterisation required?
- The process for removing a urinary catheter
- An in-depth introduction to the urinary system
- An overview of clinical terms and their uses
- Gain a comprehensive understanding of how the urinary system functions
- Understand the different types of urinary diseases and incontinence
- Identify the many reasons why a person might need catheterisation
- Familiarise with each of the steps of the catheterisation process
- Learn about the tools required for catheterisation and how to use them correctly
- Understand the risks of catheterisation and health & safety best practice procedures
- Determine how long a patient will need to have a catheter and when is safe to remove it
- Understand the main symptoms of catheter-associated UTI
The Clinical Training for Nurses and Carers – Catheterisation course is ideal for new nurses looking to learn more about the catheterisation process. It covers essential information on the urinary system, catheter insertion and removal, and the risks of catheterisation. You will also gain a comprehensive understanding of urinary tract infections (UTI) and how they are treated.
Throughout the course, you will learn about the reasons why people require catheterisation and will familiarise with the different types of urinary catheters, learning when and how to use each one. You will also deepen your understanding of the equipment needed, with theoretical and practical training. Clinical terms and their uses will also be discussed in this extensive training course, providing you with practical knowledge of the industry, which will help you to fast track your career.
Skills You Will Gain
- General clinical skills, i.e. catheterisation
- Health & safety in a clinical setting
- Risk management
- knowledge of the functions of the urinary system
Module 1: Introduction to Urinary Catheterisation
- Why Urinary Catheters are Used
- Types of Urinary Catheter
- Risks of Catheterisation
- Other Risks
Module 2: The Urinary System
- The Female Urinary System
- The Male Urinary System
- How do the Kidneys and Urinary Systems Work?
- Facts About Urine
Module 3: Patients’ Guide for Catheterisation
- Questions about Catheterisation
- Leg Bags
- Questions about Leg Bags
- Questions about Night Bags
- Questions about Catheter Valves
Module 4: Guidance forNursing and Care Staff
- Assessing the Need
- Who Can Catheterise?
- Indications/Need for Catheterisation
- Catheter Selection
- Catheter Insertion
- Drainage Bags
- Catheter Care
- Catheter Maintenance Solutions
- Suprapubic Catheters
- Catheter Troubleshooting
Module 5: Protocol for Female Catheterisation
- Equipment Required
- Before Starting the Procedure
Module 6: Protocol for Male Catheterisation
- Equipment Required
- Before Starting the Procedure
Module 7: Protocol for Handling Catheter & Catheter Bags
- Protocol for Removing a Catheter
- Protocol for Emptying a Catheter Bag
- Protocol for Collection of a Catheter Specimen of Urine (CSU)
- Protocol for the Care and Management of Indwelling Catheter
Once you have completed the modules in the course, your skills and knowledge will be tested with an automated multiple-choice assessment, after which you will receive instant results.
Showcase Your Accomplishment of New Skills: Get a Certification of Completion
Upon passing the assessment, you will receive proper certification that is recognised all over the UK as well as internationally. The PDF certificate is free of cost which you can download instantly upon completing the assessment or you can order it online. You can also receive an original printed copy of the certificate for showcasing your achievement anywhere and everywhere, which will be sent to you by post. The postal fee for this printed copy is only £5.99, with no additional fees or expense.
Who is this course for?
This comprehensive training course is designed for anyone looking to fast track their career in the nursing or care sector and wants to gain a deeper understanding of catheterisation. To provide a flexible way of learning, this course is designed for both part-time and full-time students.
Your Path to Success
The Clinical Training for Nurses and Carers – Catheterisation course is an essential qualification for aspiring professionals looking to fast track their career in nursing or the care sector. It is ideal for those in the following professions:
- Registered General Nurse
- Nursing Assistant
- Care Assistant
- Live-in Carer
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course. Be the first to ask a question.
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.