Ad Vitam Learning
Add to basket or enquire
Welcome to Ad Vitam Learning's online clinical observations skills training course for healthcare assistants (HCAs) and health and social care support workers.
Course aims and objectives
This online clinical observations training course aims to enable health and social care support workers and healthcare assistants to confidently and competently take, record and report clinical observations. In addition, this online course aims to:
- enable you to understand the reasons why patient clinical observations are taken;
- recognise the limitations of their individual roles and responsibilities as part of taking, recording and reporting clinical observations
- identify the equipment required to record clinical observations
- be able to correctly use equipment in practice
- understand why clinical observations should be accurately recorded (in line with statutory and professional requirements for accurate record keeping)
- identify the normal and abnormal parameters for routine patient observations
- have an awareness of when and how to escalate concerns regarding out of range patient observations
- be aware of you responsibilities regarding the management of a deteriorating patient
- An awareness of documents that are used in various NHS hospitals and other health and social care settings
This comprehensive and interactive clinical observations introductory course also provides:
- the learner with adequate understanding of the legislation regarding the taking, recording and reporting of clinical observations
- essential clinical observation skills training resources in an engaging and meaningful way
- a FREE blended learning environment that is available to all individual and businesses
What is covered in this online clinical observations skills course?
- Introduction into clinical observation skills
- Basic clinical observations
- Hand Hygiene
- Breathing/respiratory rate
- Pulse rate
- Body temperature
- Blood pressure
- Oxygen saturation levels
- Peak flow testing
- Blood glucose testing
- Urine testing
- Body mass index
- Assessing patients’ skin
- Supporting medication administration
- Additional online learning resources
Assessment and certification
At the end of this clinical observations skills training course, learners will be required to complete an online assessment. On successful completion of the knowledge test (80% pass mark), learners will be able to download a FREE CPD certificate that is valid for one year.
The content of this online clinical observations skills training course has been independently certified as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines..
It will take approximately 2 to 4 hours to complete this clinical observations skills e-learning course. The length of time to complete the course depends on the following:
- your prior knowledge and experience about acute health care environments and prior clinical observation skills
- how quickly you can study and absorb the learning materials
- how much you can pace yourself once started
You are in full control of how long it takes to complete the clinical observations skills course. You can go through the course in one sitting, or pause and come back later. Your progress will be recorded throughout and you will be able to start where you previously left off.
You can revise the online learning materials as many times as you like. Even after completing the course successfully (and obtaining your CPD) certificate, you will still have access to your learning materials for 365 days
Who is this course for?
Ad Vitam Learning’s clinical observations skills eLearning course was developed to enable health care assistants (HCAs) and health and social care support workers to develop the appropriate knowledge and skills in monitoring, recording and reporting basic clinical observations.
This online clinical observations course is particularly important for agency and locum healthcare assistants (HCAs) who work in NHS Trusts and private hospitals. This clinical observations skills course is also relevant for adult social care support workers; including those who work for charities, nursing homes and residential care home workers.
This clinical observations online course can be taken as a standalone CPD course or as part of our online clinical observation skills training package or the wider online candidate mandatory training courses.
The course has additional online learning resources that provide more details for learners to refer to during the course and in practice.
Access to a pc, laptop, tablet, smartphone and access to the internet
This e-learning module counts towards CPD hours for healthcare assistants
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course. Be the first to ask a question.
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.