The human body needs a good supply of energy which it can acquire through food intake. The best and simple approach to receive adequate nutrition is to consume a variety of foods from the four major food groups which are: fruits, vegetables, grains, and proteins. Our body needs to digest, absorb and utilize all essential nutrients from these sources in order to stay in tip top shape.
The only way to maximize the benefits of these food sources is to combine it with a good healthy lifestyle. However, it can be difficult to develop, let alone follow a healthy eating habit since most people have a tight schedule and would most likely prefer the unhealthy option of takeout foods and the prepackaged or canned ones. Although it takes hard work, living healthy is within reach, especially under the guidance of a competent clinical nutritionist.
The main purpose of clinical nutrition is to help people maintain an optimal and functional health. Clinical nutrition combines the scientific fields of nutrition and dietetics in crafting a personalized healthy diet plan for every individual. Every clinical nutritionist knows that there’s no one size fits all plan that works for everybody. This is why they need to get training and education necessary to prime their clients towards a healthy way of life.
At the end of this course, students shall develop a full understanding of:
(1) process of digestion;
(2) general adaption syndrome;
(3) importance of minerals;
(5) cell structure;
(6) tissue salts;
(7) variety of diets;
(8) weight management practices;
(9) the function of the organs of digestion;
(9) creating personalized eating programmes;
(10) exercise habits;
(11) stress management;
(12) functions of essential fatty acids;
(13) getting rid of toxins;
(16) how to fight ageing;
(17) different types of eating disorders; and
(18) the practice of iridology.
To achieve these goals, this course shall make use of interactive materials to present the concepts of the topics to be discussed. Assessments shall be done after the entire course to check for knowledge retention and understanding.
- Unit 1 – What is Clinical Nutrition?
- Unit 2 – Process of Digestion
- Unit 3 – General Adaption Syndrome
- Unit 4 – The Importance of Minerals
- Unit 5 – What are Carbohydrates?
- Unit 6 – Cell Structure
- Unit 7 – Understanding Tissue Salts
- Unit 8 – A Variety of Diets
- Unit 9 – Managing Your Weight
- Unit 10 – Losing Weight
- Unit 11 – The Organs of Digestion
- Unit 12 – Eating Programmes
- Unit 13 – Exercise
- Unit 14 – Understanding Stress
- Unit 15 – Essential Fatty Acids
- Unit 16 – Getting Rid of Toxins
- Unit 17 – Pre-Menstrual Syndrome
- Unit 18 – Allergies Part 1
- Unit 19 – How to Fight Ageing
- Unit 20 – Allergies Part 2
- Unit 21 – Types of Eating Disorders
- Unit 22 – Iridology
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be awarded an IOLEN Certificate of Achievement from IOLEN Accreditation. This should help validate their learning experience and skill, and can be used as a resume builder.
This course is divided into several modules and is delivered online through our interactive learning management system. Students are given access to the learning portal where they can access the course 24/7. This gives them complete control over the pace of their learning while also enabling them to study from home, in their offices or from a laptop while travelling.
Normative or minimum period of study to complete this is 35 hours. Take note that this is only an estimate. The duration of completing the course still depends on the learner’s pace and ability to absorb information. Additionally, as the course is delivered online, learners have the options to divide and study the course in multiple session or go through it one go.
Learners will be given full access to this course for 12 months from the date of enrolment. During this period, learners are given the flexibility to complete the course at any-time.
- Allow you to keep up to date on the aspects of your career
- Give you an insight into your chosen career path
- Fill in the gaps of any knowledge you may not have
- Enhance your resume
- Show you are a committed learner
Questions and answers
No questions or answers have been posted about this course.
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.
Please sign in to review this course.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.