Add to basket or enquire
CIW is the world’s fastest-growing vendor-neutral Internet skills training and certification program for students and professionals. The CIW User Interface Designer course introduces strategies and tactics necessary to design user interfaces, with particular emphasis on creating user interfaces for mobile devices. User Experience Design (UXD or UED or XD) is the process of enhancing user satisfaction by improving the usability, accessibility, and pleasure provided in the interaction between the user and mobile apps and websites.
This certification focuses on knowledge of specific development techniques and strategies. Students who earn this certification will have a deep knowledge of user interface design. The CIW User Interface Designer course prepares candidates to take the CIW User Interface Designer exam, which, if passed, earns the individual the CIW User Interface Designer certification.
Topics Covered in this Course
Introduction to User Interface Design
- What Is User Interface Design?
- Evolution of Web User Interfaces
- Current Trends in Web Design
- Web Design Project Management
- Collaborative Web Design
User Interface Design Process
- Choosing a Web Design Methodology
- Creating a Web Site Vision Statement
- Creating and Implementing a Web Site Strategy
- Creating a Web Site Specification
- Publishing a Web Site
- Creating Word Lists and Mood Boards
- Creating a Site Map
User-Centred Web Design
- User-Centred Web Design
- The Cognitive Psychology of Web Design
- Personas and Usability
User Interface Design Principles
- Web UI Design Principles
- Visual Design Principles
Colour, Typography, Layout and Wireframing
- Colour, Typography and Layout
- Wireframes and Mock-ups
- Responsive Web Design
- Why is Web Site Navigation So Important?
- Site Structure, Directory Structure and URLs
- Positional Awareness
- Primary and Secondary Navigation
- Navigation Conventions and Principles
Designing and Developing a Professional Web Site
- Why is Prototyping So Important?
- User-Centered Web Design
- User Interface Design Patterns
- Optimizing the look and feel of a Web site
- Constructing a Professional Web Site
- User Interface Libraries
- Web Content Management Systems
- Additional Web Development Tools
- Web Hosting Services and Domain Names
Site Publishing, Maintenance, Security, and SEO Strategies
- Making Sure a Web Site is ready to be published
- Maintaining a Web Site
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- SEO and Written Site Content
- SEO and Mobile-Friendliness
- SEO and Metadata
- Once you successfully pass the programme, you will receive a Diploma in User Interface Design from CMIT.
- You may optionally take an exam to receive CIW Certification
Who is this course for?
Professionals in all industries can benefit from the CIW User Interface Designer certification: particularly Web designers, Internet consultants, IT professionals, Marketing professionals, Web and graphic artists, and Business professionals.
No prior experience of User Interface Design is necessary, students should be familiar with the basics of web design to benefit from the course.
For technical requirements required to access CMIT eLearning
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course. Be the first to ask a question.
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.