Add to basket or enquire
CITB Site Supervisor Safety Training Scheme (SSSTS) is a 2 day programme. It is designed for line managers, foremen, gangers, team leaders and supervisors. The course is relevant to individuals who have, or are about to achieve supervisory duties and responsibilities. The SSSTS course is recognised as the standard requirement for a supervisor role in the construction industry.
CITB Site Supervisors' Safety Training Scheme (SSSTS)
At the end of the course you will gain an understanding of:
- Describe the purpose of health and safety legislation and the different legislative requirements that must be followed to ensure this is achieved.
- Explain how the CDM regulations are used to support health and safety on site.
- Describe how to develop and maintain a health and safety management system.
- Write and use risk assessments and method statements to ensure a safe working environment.
- Outline how to complete statutory inspections, checks and monitoring for a construction site.
- Describe how to report accidents, injuries and ill health that may occur in the construction industry.
- Explain how good leadership and worker engagement can aid with protecting the workforce.
- Explain how to protect the health and welfare of the workforce in the construction industry.
- Explain how to manage first aid and emergency procedures for a construction site.
- Explain how to identify and handle hazardous substances associated with working on a construction site.
- Outline the risks to health posed by asbestos, and the basic legal requirements to manage those risks.
- Outline how to control exposure to dust and fumes (respiratory hazards) for workers on a construction site.
- Explain how to control exposure to noise and vibration for construction workers.
- Outline how to properly undertake manual handling activities when lifting loads.
- Identify factors to be considered when setting up a construction site.
- Identify the main fire hazard risks and identify basic requirements for fire safety on site.
- Identify the dangers of electricity and good working practices for working on or near to live electrical circuits and with electrical tools and equipment.
- State the importance of control and the management of plant, transport and work equipment on site.
- Identify the basic requirements for safe lifting operations, equipment and accessories and the steps required to ensure safety.
- Describe the key principles for working safely at height.
- Outline the main hazards and control considerations for excavation work.
- Describe how to locate, identify and plan for work near underground and overhead services.
- Describe the main hazards and safety considerations for working in a confined space.
- Describe the main duties of temporary work supervisors
- State your role in environmental awareness on site.
- State your role in preventing pollution.
- Explain how environmental damage can occur from improper management of waste materials.
- Explain your part in reducing nuisance, noise, dust and light.
After completion of the training course, you are required to pass a multiple choice examination where you will gain an industry recognised certificate valid for 5 years, accredited by CITB.
Who is this course for?
The Site Supervisor Safety Training Scheme training is a 2 day programme. It is designed for line managers, foremen, gangers, team leaders and supervisors. The course is relevant to individuals who have, or are about to achieve supervisory duties and responsibilities. The SSSTS course is recognised as the standard requirement for a supervisor role in the construction industry. This course is eligible for the CITB Levy, Grants and Funding Scheme
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
How can i get the certificate and card after finishing the course
Certificate will be posted to youThis was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
How can i obtain a CSCS gold card for supervisor.
You will have to complete a NVQ L4 in Construction Site Supervision Your NVQ Assessor will assess experience and knowledge remotely referring to your usual work activities such as; This qualification is assessed through completion of a learner portfolio of evidence which is assessed and internally quality assured, your NVQ Assessor will assess evidence that naturally falls out of your every day work such as; RAMS, lift plans, communication emails, tool box talks etc.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
I previously worked as a safety engineer and due to Covid laid off. I have NEBOSH and level 6 Diploma Can I do course as looking at construction
Hi Raymond, Thank you for your enquiry. To advise correctly I will require more information from you. What role in construction do you intend to apply for? If it is safety, SMSTS (Site Management Safety Training Scheme) course is preferable. Do you have a CSCS Card to work on construction site ?This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.