Save up to 41% on your CIPD L&D Course when you enrol by 21st December – enrol now for less!*
Prove your professional credibility and update your Learning and Development (L&D) knowledge with the CIPD Level 5 Intermediate Diploma in Learning and Development.
Developed by CIPD Training and their official partner AVADO, these L&D qualifications are the first to be delivered entirely online. You will experience learning through social and collaborative techniques and digital technology and gain the confidence to apply this in your own organisation.
As an L&D professional you need to stay up to date with the latest thinking and practices in today’s fast-paced world of work. That’s why we have make improvements and updates to our award-winning L&D programmes, working with CIPD experts and taking into account learner feedback. Now you will benefit from:
- Fresh new content direct from global experts within the CIPD network
- Brand new interactive assets to make learning even more engaging
- Inspiring new case studies from a diverse range of global brands from several industries
- Summary videos to really help you prepare for your assessments
- Reflection weeks where you can discuss your progress with your peers
- More practical activities to contextualise your learning in a work environment
*Terms & Conditions: Offer is valid for enrolment till 21st December 2018 only.
The CIPD Level 5 Diploma in Learning and Development is an 14 month online programme. Flexible and interactive, this course is designed to fit around your schedule and requires no attendance at face to face workshops. All assessments are practical and based on your real life experience, with no exams.
The syllabus consists of five mandatory units:
- Developing professional practice in L&D
- Understanding the context of L&D
- Using information, metrics and developing business cases for L&D
- Evaluating L&D provision
- Designing and developing digital and blended learning solutions
Followed by 2 from your chosen pathway - either Manager or Professional
Manager Pathway units:
- Developing Leadership and Management Skills
- Managing the L&D Business Function
Professional Pathway units:
- Enhancing Participant Engagement in the Learning Process
- Facilitating Collective and Social Learning
To gain the Diploma you must successfully complete the five programme units plus two optional units. Each unit is approximately 8 weeks long and to complete the unit you must fully participate and pass the assessment.
There are 3 types of assessment:
- Project: You will work towards producing one digital project.
- Portfolio: You will submit several digital artefacts over the course of the unit.
- Event: You will work towards, carry out and then reflect on a real-world action; submitting evidence of the process.
There are no examinations for this qualification.
What is included
- One-to-one tutorial support with course tutor
- Regular live online classes plus recordings of past classes
- Online learning resources including videos, animations, infographics and podcasts
- Content created by L&D experts from the CIPD
- 24-hour access to the Virtual Learning Campus
- Flexible programme allowing you to study where and when you want
- No exams, no face-to-face workshops
- Social and collaborative learning, including forums and group work
- Free Premium access to our Career Guidance Hub
At AVADO we offer a range of payment plans and funding options and will work with you to find the right solution for your situation.
With our L&D Qualifications, you can spread the cost over 12 monthly payments, interest free.
*Representative example for CIPD Foundation Certificate in HR Practice: Loan £2,445.00 over 12 months with 12 monthly payments of £203.75. The total amount repayable will be £2,595.00 which includes a deposit of £150.00. See our website for more representative examples and for full terms and conditions.
About the CIPD
The Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) is the world's leading Chartered HR and Development professional body, with over 135,000 members across 120 countries. CIPD membership and qualifications demonstrate a commitment to high standards of professionalism and continuing professional development, and are highly valued by employers.
Who is this course for?
If you’re looking to progress in your L&D career, develop the most up to date L&D expertise and gain a professional qualification, this is the programme for you.
- You may be at an early stage in your L&D career and looking to understand the context of L&D, and how to design and develop digital and blended learning solutions.
- If you have a few years’ experience, you can gain the knowledge, skills and confidence to manage the L&D business function, use metrics to build business cases for L&D and develop your organisation’s leaders and managers.
- If you’re an experienced L&D professional, you can get the very latest L&D updates and explore new ways to lead L&D initiatives. Plus, develop your expertise in newer areas of L&D including social and collaborative learning.
- These qualifications are also suitable if you are transferring careers (i.e. from teaching), elsewhere in HR and other training environments.
Call us to find out if this qualification is for you.
This qualification is suitable for L&D practitioners at all levels. It is recommended you have a Level 3 or equivalent qualification and relevant work experience - please contact for a consultation to see if this qualification is suitable for you.
Key benefits of this qualification for you career:
- Apply the latest L&D research and thinking in your role
- Enhance your career prospects with a recognised professional qualification
- Gain Associate membership of the CIPD to enhance your professional standing and profile
- Establish ongoing networking contacts and opportunities both online and through CIPD branches.
Questions and answers
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.
Please sign in to review this course.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.