- Ground Engineering Techniques and Substructure Technology
- Design and Installation of Building Services
- Superstructure for Commercial and Multi-Storey Buildings
- Principles Relating to Work on Existing Structures and Fabric
- Design Process in Relation to the Built Environment
- Process Management
- Management of Resources
- Planning and Scheduling
- Performance Management
Contract and Commercial Practice
- Construction Law
- Construction Cost Management
- Pre and Post Contract Administration
- Commercial Risks Management
- Construction Procurement
- Construction Dispute Resolution
Health, Safety and Environment
- Legal Framework of Health and Safety
- Health and Safety Environmental Risks
- Substantial Development and Legislation to the Built Environment
- Environmental Problems and Solutions
- Environmental Concepts, Strategies and Policies Formation
The Chartered Membership Programme gives you the rewarding opportunity of becoming a MCIOB for individuals with relevant experience who have non-recognised qualifications. This course will provide you with competent skills enabling you to achieve a career as a Construction Manager or Project Manager. The course has been designed for professionals’ who are working at a significant level of experience in the industry.
Once you become a MCIOB, it can lead to a fantastic professional career for men and women in the real estate and construction industries.
The course content provides you with a thorough knowledge, and the essential skills and talents to work as a successful Construction or Project Management professional who will play a key role in multi-million dollar projects to mitigate loss and maximise profit of the project.
The course provides a clear understanding of the fundamental knowledge needed in each subject to become a leader of construction. Therefore this course is the right choice if you wish to achieve a higher salary and position of high responsibility.
- A supported route to become MCIOB (chartered membership).
- A structured learning programme.
- The programme provides competent skills to start you career into a middle and senior management roles.
- You will gain a wide range of knowledge in Project Management to improve your chances of success.
- You can learn whilst you are working.
- You will be of higher value to your employer by increasing company income.
- Assessment is through a practical project scenario that allows you to demonstrate your understanding, knowledge and skills to work as a successful manager.
- Access to the College’s Study Portal (Virtual Learning Site) allows you access to learning resources and course materials easily.
- A tailored, distance-learning course structure.
- Guidance and support with your Professional Review application.
- Lectures and tutorials by first class British lecturers.
Minimum five years management experience in construction
However following candidates can be considered:
- A wide range of technical and specialist professionals working in the construction industry.
- Candidates who have completed the CIOB Site Management Programmes (forms a progression route).
To progress your chartered status with the CIOB
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
What are the start dates of this course and application deadlines?
Hi Alex, Thank you for your enquiry. The next course starts on 7th September however if you wish, you can join immediately. If you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact us. I look forward to hearing from you. Best Regards Admission Team College of Contract ManagementThis was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
How much does it cost to take the exams , and what is the total cost for gaining the MCIOB and not just the module cost . Many Thanks Brian
Hi Brian Thank you for your recent enquiry. The exam fee will be £350 which you need to pay directly to the CIOB. The course contents total 4 modules so total cost for the course will be £1,320. If you have any further queries please do not hesitate to contact us at Reed. Thank you Regards Admission Team College of Contract ManagementThis was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Does completing this course guarantee MCIOB status?
Hi Martin, Thank you for your enquiry and please apologise for the delay in responding you due to high volume of enquiries. Yes, the CIOB Chartered Membership Programme will enable you to progress towards becoming a chartered member of the CIOB. If you have any further queries please contact us at Reed. Best Regards Admission Team College of Contract ManagementThis was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.