Add to basket or enquireEnquire now
The CIMA Certificate in Business Accounting is the ultimate platform to start building your knowledge and practical skills in accountancy and business management.
This CIMA Certificate in Business Accounting qualification consists of official CIMA approved training materials, which includes eLearning, Study Books, Exam Preparation Guides, Pocket Revision Kits and Unlimited Tutor Support.
The qualification consists of four modules: BA1, BA2, BA3 and BA4, resulting in a solid understanding of business economics, financial accounting, management accounting and ethics, corporate governance and business law using the world-renowned CIMA principles.
After completing this qualification, you will be able to use the designatory letters CIMA Cert BA after your name.
Once you have taken and completed the CIMA Certificate in Business Accounting, the next step in your career path will be to undertake the CIMA Professional Qualification, ultimately resulting in a Chartered status.
Why study CIMA with e-Careers?
- We have trained over 555,000 delegates
- We only use training materials which have been officially approved by CIMA
- Study at your own pace, where and when it suits you
- This course includes eLearning, Study Books, Exam Preparation Guides, Pocket Revision Kits and Unlimited Tutor Support
- We offer Interest-Free Payment Plans
- Exceptional Pass Rates
- Includes HP Laptop
What is the CIMA Certificate in Business Accounting Qualification?
If you’re looking to work in the Business Accounting or Management Accounting sectors but are lacking accounting experience, the CIMA Certificate in Business Accounting Qualification provides you with the knowledge and skills to successfully embark on a career in this sector.
The CIMA Certificate in Business Accounting syllabus helps individuals go beyond simple financial accounting and prepare for a career in a business environment.
You will study four subjects on the CIMA Certificate:
- Fundamentals of Business Economics (BA1)
- Fundamentals of Management Accounting (BA2)
- Fundamentals of Financial Accounting (BA3)
- Fundamentals of Ethics, Corporate Governance and Business Law (BA4)
This qualification provides a formal entry route into the CIMA Professional qualification.
Once you have completed both the CIMA Certificate and CIMA Professional qualifications, you will qualify for CIMA membership and will be awarded the Chartered Global Management Accountant (CGMA) designation.
Why choose to study the CIMA Certificate
As the world’s leading and largest professional body of management accountants, CIMA has built an outstanding reputation in the professional world of accounting. With over 100 years of experience, they leverage their heritage and history, to provide excellent training for professional accountants.
CIMA benefits include:
- There are no prerequisites to start studying a CIMA qualification
- The CIMA qualification is recognised across 179 countries, enabling delegates to have plenty of opportunities to work abroad
- CIMA is highly recognised by employers, with 96% of FTSE 100 firms employing CIMA qualified individuals
- CIMA graduates enter the industry with access to a wide range of opportunities, which include Finance, Consultative and Management roles
- CIMA boasts a global network of over 650,000 current and next generation finance professionals*
- CIMA members (CGMAs) earn average of £66,000**
- 63% of CIMA students expect to receive a bonus within 12 months of qualifying*
*Source - CIMA
**Source - 2019 Association of International Certified Professional Accountants Salary Survey
Where can CIMA take my career?
One of the most important factors of business success is sound financial management. As such, CIMA graduates leave prepared to add value to any organisation around the world.
CIMA job roles are varied and can take you anywhere from a Management Consultant, Financial Director or even the CEO of a business. With CIMA’s international reputation, you’ll also be able to apply for jobs in many countries around the world.
Syllabus & Exam Info
Fundamentals of Business Economics (BA1)
- Macroeconomic and Institutional Context of Business (25%)
- Microeconomic and Organisational Context of Business (30%)
- Informational Context of Business (20%)
- Financial Context of Business (25%)
Fundamentals of Management Accounting (BA2)
- The Context of Management Accounting (10%)
- Costing (25%)
- Planning and Control (30%)
- Decision Making (35%)
Fundamentals of Financial Accounting (BA3)
- Accounting Principles, Concepts and Regulations (10%)
- Recording Accounting Transactions (50%)
- Preparation of Accounts for Single Entities (30%)
- Analysis of Financial Statements (10%)
Fundamentals of Ethics, Corporate Governance and Business Law (BA4)
- Business Ethics and Ethical Conflict (30%)
- Corporate Governance, Controls and Corporate Social Responsibility (45%)
- General Principles of the Legal System, Contract and Employment Law (15%)
- Company Administration (10%)
The CIMA Certificate in Business Accounting exams can be taken at any one of the 5,000 Pearson Vue Test Centre’s, across 178 countries around the world. Upon completion of your exam you will immediately receive a provisional pass or fail grade.
- BA1 – 60 multiple choice questions. 2 hours.
- BA2 – 60 multiple choice questions. 2 hours.
- BA3 – 60 multiple choice questions. 2 hours.
- BA4 – 85 multiple choice questions. 2 hours.
Who is this course for?
CIMA qualifications are ideal for finance professionals who are focusing their careers on Management Accounting or who are in a business finance role. This course will help to lay the foundations for your future and deliver the knowledge you need to work your way to the top.
There are no requirements for this CIMA course. However, CIMA do offer exemptions. If you have an accountancy or finance degree or are AAT qualified and an existing member, you will be able to skip the CIMA Certificate in Business Accounting and move straight onto the CIMA Professional qualification.
A qualification with CIMA can open many career opportunities, whether that is working in Finance, Project Management or Accountancy. You will also be able to continue onto further studies in CIMA, with the rest of the CIMA Certificate in Business Accounting, with studying members of CIMA earning an average salary of £32,000.
Once you qualify as a CIMA member you can earn wages over £60,000.