Add to basket or enquire
If you wish to work in a premise where alcohol is sold, you must be a personal license holder. The Level 2 – Personal License Holder course will look at licensing authorities, police powers, responsibilities of the personal license holder, responsible retail of alcohol and safeguarding children from harm. A personal license holder must learn the responsibility of serving alcohol to the public without attempting to harm them. This is a legal requirement in England and Wales.
The Level 2 – Personal License Holder course will cover a wide range of topics such as providing learners with an overview of alcohol licensing, understanding about the premises license, the process to apply for a personal license, the effects of alcohol, governing licensed premises and the effects of alcohol.
The Licensing Act was introduced in 2003 with the objective that the personal license holder must take their responsibilities of serving alcohol to the public seriously. Anyone who authorises selling alcohol to the public must have this qualification. The license will protect vulnerable people from alcohol, give individuals an understanding of prohibitions and exemptions and license to work in partnerships and temporary events.
Level 2 Certificate in Personal License Holder
What will I learn?
- Have a clear understanding of the roles and responsibilities of licensing authorities within the personal licensing framework.
- Have an understanding of the legal responsibilities and the penalties associated to the failure to comply with the law.
- Learn about the duties of the designated premise supervisor.
- Learn about police power and suspension or closure of licensed premises.
- An understanding of the strengths of alcoholic drinks and its effects on people.
- To protect children from the harmful effects of alcohol.
- The responsible retail of alcohol.
1: Alcohol Licensing Overview
2: Understanding The Premises Licence
3: Applying For A Personal Licence
4: Alcohol And Its Effects
5: The Personal Licence Holder’s Role
6: Protecting Children From Alcohol
7: Governing Licensed Premises
8: Revising For Licensing Qualification
The course will be directly delivered to you, and you have 12 months access to the online learning platform from the date you joined the course. The course is self-paced and you can complete it in stages, revisiting the lectures at any time.
Method of Assessment
At the end of the Level 2 – Personal License Holder you will be evaluated through an online multiple choice exam. In order to complete this program successfully and gain your professional qualification.
Those who successfully complete the course will be awarded the Level 2 Certificate in Personal License Holder by the Chartered Institute of Environmental Health. It will make you valuable to employers, and your motivation at gaining new skills will be recognised.
Who is this course for?
- Supervisors and Managers
- Anyone who wants to further their knowledge in personal license holder
- The course is suitable for supervisors and managers
- Anyone with an interest in enhancing their knowledge on personal license holder
- Licensing Manager – £30,103 per annum
- Health and Safety Manager – £34,738 per annum
- Health and Safety Coordinator – £22,186 per annum
- Environmental Health and Safety Manager – £40,329 per annum
- Environmental Health and Safety Officer – £26,683 per annum
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course. Be the first to ask a question.