The Level 2 – Health and Safety for Hospitality course is designed to equip individuals with the skills and knowledge that their workplace is one of safety in accordance to the Health and Safety Act. The course enables employees to become aware of the importance of safety within the workplace. Learners can progress from Level 1. It is the perfect choice of course for employers who must take the responsibility of providing a safe working environment for their employees. The course will enable learners to gain a clear understanding of general health and safety issues. The course is helpful to individuals employed in the restaurant business, retail, and hotel or leisure industries.
The Level 2 – Health and Safety for Hospitality course will feature a wide range of topics such as an understanding on dangerous substances, why first aid training is important, fire safety awareness, manual handling and premise related problems. Learn practical skills that can be applied in case of fire and medical emergencies.
Employers should understand why it is important to create a safe working environment. Employees must feel safe within their workplace and the Level 2 – Health and Safety for Hospitality course will give individuals insight on safety management processes, key legislation, risk assessment and prevention.
What will I learn?
- Understand the responsibilities related to health and safety legislation.
- Learn the importance of risk assessment and the responsibilities associated with this risk.
- Learn to identify different types of accidents and what measures should be taken to prevent them.
- Learn how fires can start and the steps taken to prevent them.
- Learn why reporting health and safety incidents are vital to ensure the safety of employees within the workplace.
- Understand the legal responsibility pertaining to the mainstream hospitality sectors.
- Learn how to identify hazardous substances and related dangers.
1: Duty Manager’s Office
2: Beauty Salon
3: Lounge Bar
4: First Aid
8: Hotel Grounds/Parking Area
9: Vehicle And Pedestrian Dangers
10: Cctv Security Room
The course will be directly delivered to you, and you have 12 months access to the online learning platform from the date you joined the course. The course is self-paced and you can complete it in stages, revisiting the lectures at any time.
Method of Assessment
At the end of the Level 2 – Health and Safety for Hospitality you will be evaluated through an online multiple choice exam. In order to complete this program successfully and gain your professional qualification.
Those who successfully complete the course will be awarded the Level 2 Certificate in Health and Safety for Hospitality by the Chartered Institute of Environmental Health. It will make you valuable to employers, and your motivation at gaining new skills will be recognised.
Who is this course for?
- All employees of all levels
- New employees who are taking the health and safety for hospitality induction training
- The course is suitable for all levels of employees and managers
- Anyone with an interest in health and safety for hospitality
- Hotel Receptionist – £7.30 per hour
- Hotel Manager – £26,455 per annum
- Café Manager – £19,063 per annum
- Retail Manager – £23,541 per annum
Questions and answers
No questions or answers have been posted about this course.
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.
Please sign in to review this course.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.