Add to basket or enquire
If you directly handle and prepare food, it is important that you adhere to the relevant health and safety regulations on food manufacturing. The Level 2 – Health & Safety for Food Manufacturing course is designed for individuals like owners of food establishments and others who directly handle and prepare food the core principles of health and safety. The course will equip learners with the skills and knowledge of working in a food establishment in a safe and healthy manner. Whether you work in a restaurant, hotel, hospital, school cafeteria the course will come in helpful as it teaches the importance of keeping health and safety at the forefront.
The Level 2 – Health & Safety for Food Manufacturing course will introduce learners to a range of topics such as basic fundamentals of health and safety matters, creating a safe workplace, applying structural safety features and working safely in a food establishment.
The Level 2 – Health & Safety for Food Manufacturing course will teach learners how to choose the right equipment, practice health and safety principles and apply them within the food establishment, wear protective clothing and how to deal with accidents and incidents. Learners will acquire in-depth knowledge on understanding and implementing the right health and safety policies within the workplace.
What will I learn?
- Acquire in-depth understanding on health and safety policies and why they should be implemented within the food manufacturing industry.
- Business owners of food establishments must learn about legal responsibilities of working in the food industry and adhering to them at all times.
- Learn about personal hygiene when in direct contact with preparing and handling food.
- Learn how to prevent accidents in a food establishment.
- Learn about food poisoning and food contamination and how to prevent it.
- Learn how to choose the right equipment in your food establishment and stick to a proper cleaning schedule.
1: Health And Safety Matters
2: A Safe Workplace
3: Working Safely
4: Vehicles, Noise And Heights
5: Manual Handling
6: Fire And Electrics
8: When Things Go Wrong
Method of Assessment
At the end of the Level 2 – Health & Safety for Food Manufacturing you will be evaluated through an online multiple choice exam. In order to complete this program successfully and gain your professional qualification.
Those who successfully complete the course will be awarded the Level 2 Certificate in Health & Safety for Food Manufacturing by the Chartered Institute of Environmental Health. It will make you valuable to employers, and your motivation at gaining new skills will be recognised.
Who is this course for?
- Food business operators
- Food factories
- Meat cutting plants
- Vegetable packers
- The course is suitable for all levels of employees, supervisors and managers who work with and directly handle food processing and food manufacturing
- Anyone with an interest in health safety and food manufacturing, packaging and the storage industry
- Hotel Chef – £7.47 per hour
- Catering Supervisor – £8.03 per hour
- Restaurant Cook – £7.54 per hour
- Cafeteria Worker – £6.73 per hour
- Kitchen Chef – £7.48 per hour
Questions and answers
No questions or answers have been posted about this course.
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.Leave a review
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.