Add to basket or enquire
Business owners and food handlers must comply with the Food Safety Act 1990 and Food Hygiene Regulations 2005. According to the regulations, food establishments must ensure that individuals working in food processing and manufacturing are trained, instructed and supervised in food safety and manufacturing. The Level 2 – Food Safety for Food Manufacturing is designed for food handlers and manufacturers to learn to comply with food manufacturing regulations and ensure that food is prepared and stored hygienically.
The Level 2 – Food Safety for Food Manufacturing course will introduce learners to a wide range of topics such as the principles of food safety and manufacturing practices, personal hygiene and a safe cleaning environment, basics of food safety hazards, safe food storage and temperature control.
The Level 2 – Food Safety for Food Manufacturing course benefit individuals working in food processing, manufacturing, packing, food assembly and food storage. The Level 2 – Food Safety for Food Manufacturing certification is nationally recognised by local authorities and environmental health officers across the United Kingdom.
What will I learn?
- Learn the common terms of food safety and hygiene associated to industry practices and legislation.
- Learn about food-borne illnesses and how it can affect people.
- Understand food safety hazards, how they arise, how it can be controlled and prevented.
- Learn the best practices to preserve food safely, how to use the appropriate temperature controls and storage.
- Learn about personal hygiene and why it is important from first aid, hand washing, protective clothing and appearance.
- Learn about the correct cleaning procedures in a food establishment.
1: Introduction To Food Safety
2: The Law
3: Food Safety Hazards
4: Temperature Controls
5: Heat Processing Of Foods
6: Food Handlers
7: Food Storage
9: Food Premises And Equipment
The course will be directly delivered to you, and you have 12 months access to the online learning platform from the date you joined the course. The course is self-paced and you can complete it in stages, revisiting the lectures at any time.
Method of Assessment
At the end of the Level 2 – Food Safety for Food Manufacturing you will be evaluated through an online multiple choice exam. In order to complete this program successfully and gain your professional qualification.
Those who successfully complete the course will be awarded the Level 2 Certificate in Food Safety for Food Manufacturing by the Chartered Institute of Environmental Health. It will make you valuable to employers, and your motivation at gaining new skills will be recognised.
Who is this course for?
- Food business operators
- Food factories
- Meat cutting plants
- Vegetable packing
- The course is suitable for all levels of employees, supervisors and managers who work with and directly handle food and food processing
- Anyone with an interest in food safety and food manufacturing, packaging and storage industry
- Health & Safety Coordinator – £22,186 per annum
- Health & Safety Manager – £34,738 per annum
- Environmental Health & Safety Manager – £40,329 per annum
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course. Be the first to ask a question.
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.