Do you know what to do in case of a fire? You may not be employed where fire drills are a must-know, but it is still considered a safety aspect particularly as induction training for new employees. Most workplaces require a basic understanding of fire safety, the principles of fire risk control and what to do in an emergency. The Level 1 – Principles of Fire Safety Awareness course will provide learners an opportunity to gain fire safety awareness and ensure that they are safe within the workplace. Learn what protocols to follow in case of a fire break out. It is an introductory course for beginners but experienced users can also use this course as a refresher.
The Level 1 – Principles of Fire Safety Awareness course will discuss key topics such as fire safety awareness, fire risk control and practical fire safety protocol. Learn what to do in case of a fire, how to protect yourself and others at all times in the workplace.
The Level 1 – Principles of Fire Safety Awareness course will teach learners the basics of fire principle safety, causes of fire in the workplace, fire safety duties and responsibilities and how to use fire-fighting equipment. Learn what to if a fire starts in your building and be prepared for emergency evacuation.
What will I learn?
- Understand risks associated with fire in the workplace.
- Learn to identify the main causes of fire in the workplace.
- Learn how to reduce the likelihood of a fire in the workplace.
- Understand means of exit and how to ensure they are available and maintained.
- Learn the course of action to take when you hear the fire alarm.
- Gain a clear understanding of fire-fighting equipment and when to use them.
- Ensure fire equipment is available to staff at all times.
1: Introduction To Fire Safety Awareness
2: Fire Risk Control
3: Practical Fire Safety
The course will be directly delivered to you, and you have 12 months access to the online learning platform from the date you joined the course. The course is self-paced and you can complete it in stages, revisiting the lectures at any time.
Method of Assessment
At the end of the Level 1 – Principles of Fire Safety Awareness you will be evaluated through an online multiple choice exam. In order to complete this program successfully and gain your professional qualification.
Those who successfully complete the course will be awarded the Level 1 Certificate in Principles of Fire Safety Awareness by the Chartered Institute of Environmental Health. It will make you valuable to employers, and your motivation at gaining new skills will be recognised.
Who is this course for?
- All employees undertaking induction training
- Employees who have no specific fire safety roles
- The course is suitable for all levels of employees and managers
- Anyone with an interest in fire safety awareness
- Health & Safety Coordinator – £22,186 per annum
- Health & Safety Manager – £34,738 per annum
- Environmental Health & Safety Manager – £40,329 per annum
Questions and answers
No questions or answers have been posted about this course.
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.
Please sign in to review this course.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.