The Children and Young People’s Workforce Certificate Level 2 RQF (England) has been designed to provide students with all the necessary learning knowledge and understanding to work in a childcare role. This course is a home learning course and can be studied around the learner’s schedule.
The purpose of this programme is to enable learners to improve their knowledge and understanding of the role of learning and development in a childcare environment. Not only this, students will investigate the legislative framework childcarers operate within. Students will explore the range of personal and interpersonal skills which are required of individuals who work with children.
- Unit 1: Child and Young Person Development
- Unit 2: Contribute to the Support of Child and Young Person Development
- Unit 3: Safeguarding the Welfare of Children and Young People
- Unit 4: Contribute to Children and Young People’s Health and Safety
- Unit 5: Contribute to the Support of Positive Environments for Children and Young People
- Unit 6: Understand Partnership Working in Services for Children and Young People
- Unit 7: Support Children and Young People’s Positive Behaviour
- Unit 8: Introduction to Communication in Health, Social Care or Children’s and Young People’s Settings
- Unit 9: Introduction to Personal Development in Health, Social Care or Children’s and Young People’s Settings
- Unit 10: Introduction to Equality and Inclusion in Health, Social Care or Children’s and Young People’s Settings
- Unit 11: Maintain and Support Relationships with Children and Young People
- Unit 12: Promote Child and Young Person’s Development
- Unit 13: Understand How to Safeguard the Wellbeing of Children and Young People
Total: 35 Credits
Duration study load
- 300 hours
- No previous knowledge required
- 12 months expert tutor support
- Certificate of completion available and is included in the price
- NUS card is available to purchase separately
Prior to becoming qualified to work within this sector, learners will be required to complete a competence-based qualification. Such work will cover elements of assessment in the workplace. The placement will enable students to develop and enhance their practical skills in this field. Not only this, you will improve your existing knowledge of childcare.
Please note that a work placement of at least 50 hours is required to complete this option.
- Northern Council for Further Education (NCFE)
NCFE is a national Awarding Organisation, passionate about designing, developing and certificating diverse, nationally recognised qualifications and awards. These qualifications contribute to the success of millions of learners at all levels, bringing them closer to fulfilling their personal goals.
To successfully complete this programme, learners will be required to complete a series of written assignments. Not only this, you will be required to provide evidence of practical skills including observations, witness statements as well as discussion records which can be gathered from your work placement. This will contribute to your portfolio of evidence of learning. Your personal tutor will review, mark and provide you with feedback on your work. Please note: During your placement, your practical aspects will need to be overseen by your nominated workplace supervisor, who will vouch for the tasks you have undertaken.
Please Note: a work placement of at least 50 hours is required to complete this option.
Who is this course for?
This course is aimed at an individual who is looking to go into a role in child care or someone who is already employed and is looking to reinforce their knowledge.
No previous experience or knowledge is required to apply for this course. You can choose when to start the course at any point up to 12 months from initial registration with complete tutor support.
Upon completion candidates can look for employment in a child care role or related area.
Questions and answers
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.
Please sign in to review this course.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.