The Learning College
Add to basket or enquire
The Level 3 Childcare and Education Diploma (Early Years Educator) is for anyone looking to work in a Nursery as a Nursery Practitioner. This fully recognised Childcare and Education qualification will give you what is required when applying for jobs in Nurseries.
Study with us today and benefit from full Tutor support through out your study, benefit from our Learner Management Platform that will guide you through your study every step of the way.
Become a Childcare and Education specialist and begin your study from as little as £82.50 deposit!
Level 3 Diploma for the Children's Workforce (Early Years Educator) (RQF)
Designed for learners who work, or wish to work, with children from birth to 5 years old in a variety of settings. The qualification prepares learners for employment as Early Years Educators, enabling them to work with children from birth to 5 years and gain knowledge of children aged 5 to 7 years. It develops the knowledge and skills required to work with children from birth to 5 years together with an understanding of the expected development of children aged 5 to 7 years. The qualification also provides opportunities for the confirmation of competence for learners working towards Early Years Educator status.
*No need for you to have studied Level 2 before, you can go on and study the level 3 Diploma without prior experience or knowledge. You will however need to have a placement in a Nursery in order for your ‘observations’ to be completed.
Who is it for?
Designed for learners who work, or wish to work, with children from birth to 5 years old in a variety of setting
Level 3 Diploma Units covered in this qualification:
- Unit 1– Understand child development
- Unit 2– Support the holistic development of children
- Unit 3– Safeguarding and child protection in early years
- Unit 4– Promote the health, safety and welfare of young children
- Unit 5 – Support the health, well being and physical care needs of children in early years setting
- Unit 6 – Equality, diversity and inclusion in early years setting
- Unit 7 – Support positive behaviour in children
- Unit 8 – Support children with additional support needs
- Unit 9 – Support attachment when working with children in early years settings
- Unit 10 – Support children through transitions
- Unit 11 – Plan, lead and evaluate purposeful play activities to support children’s learning and development
- Unit 12 – Support the development of reading, literacy and mathematical skills in early years settings
- Unit 13 – Extending children’s learning and thinking in early years settings
- Unit 14 – Assessment and observation in early years setting
- Unit 15 – Recording, storing, reporting and sharing information in early years settings
- Unit 16 – Working in partnership with colleagues, professionals and key individuals in early years settings
- Unit 17 – Continuing professional development in early years education
The Qualification Details:
Qualification reference number – 601/7670/2
Credit Value – 62
Assessments are a great way of checking your progress allowing you to apply your learning to real-world situations. Through the TQUK Level 3 Diploma for the Children’s Workforce (Early Years Educator) (RQF), you will be assessed by a series of written assignments of which are submitted to your personal tutor for assessment along with also completing observations in your work setting. Your work will be marked to a very high standard and should you require any additional help then don’t worry as your Tutor will provide all the required support throughout your study.
*We will provide you with your Assessor/Tutor upon registration, they will also be conducting the Observations in the workplace for you*
All assignments are set by TQUK. Upon verification of the activities, exercises and assignments, a certificate of achievement will be awarded by TQUK (giving you a fully recognised qualification in Early Years), as confirmation that your written work and observations has met all of the learning outcomes and assessment criteria for the course.
Certification fee upon completion is £85.00 and this is for your certificate from the Awarding body and registration of your qualification onto the Learner Record Service (LRS). This is the Government Gateway portal.
Please note: There is no examination required for this course.
Upon enrolment you will be sent your login details for our learning platform where you will have access to all course materials required to complete your qualification. Within your Dashboard area you will also have all assessment forms, referencing grids, supporting tools plus much more along with FULL Tutor support throughout your study time.
Study Hours are an approximate figure and are dependent upon how much time you can dedicate to your studies and how well you grasp the learning concepts in the course material. You should allow enough time to complete assignments/ question papers and observations to ensure satisfactory outcomes are met.
The approximate amount of time required to complete the TQUK Level 3 Diploma for the Children’s Workforce (Early Years Educator) (RQF) is: 620 hours
Time allocated for this qualification is between 12 – 18 months depending on the hours you study each week.
Who is this course for?
Designed for learners who work, or wish to work, with children from birth to 5 years old in a variety of settings
Our TQUK Level 3 Diploma for the Children’s Workforce (Early Years Educator) (RQF) Qualification is openly available to anyone wishing to learn more about working as qualified in Early Years and has a keen interest in the subject, plus an intention to progress a career.
- Learners should have basic PC skills
- Must have a placement in a Nursery setting
- GCSE or Level 2 in English and Maths.
- Must be aged 16 and over.
Nursery Practitioner | Nursery Manager | Nursery Leader
Questions and answers
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.