Cambridge Open Academy
Add to basket or enquire
Protecting children from abuse is everyone's responsibility. Equip yourself with the knowledge and skills to safeguard children from abuse and create a safe environment for their growth. Explore the complexities of child protection, types of abuse, and how to respond to disclosures. Stay up-to-date with recent challenges, including the impact of the pandemic, and understand changes in legislation and government guidance.
- Understand the basics of child protection and safeguarding
- Identify different types of child abuse and recognise the signs
- Gain knowledge of child sexual exploitation and abuse
- Learn how to respond to and report disclosure
- Stay up-to-date with recent changes in child protection legislation, guidance, and safe working practices
In a world where children's safety and well-being are paramount, it is crucial to equip yourself with the necessary knowledge and understanding to protect them from abuse. Our course, "Child Abuse and Protecting Children from Abuse," delves into the intricate world of safeguarding and empowers you with the tools to make a difference.
Throughout the modules, you will explore the basics of child protection and safeguarding, understanding the fundamental principles and practices that underpin a safe environment for children. Discover the different types of child abuse, from physical to emotional, and learn how to recognise the signs and indicators of abuse.
We will delve into the sensitive and critical issue of child sexual exploitation and abuse, equipping you with the knowledge to identify warning signs and respond appropriately. In addition, learned how to handle disclosures of abuse with compassion and empathy, providing vital support to children who may have experienced trauma.
Take this course to ensure you have the knowledge to safeguard children in your care and make a positive difference in their lives.
Who is this course for?
The target audience for the course is:
- Teachers, social workers, healthcare professionals, and youth workers
- Volunteers who work with children
- Parents and guardians
- Anyone interested in learning about child safeguarding
Some career paths related to this industry in the UK are:
- Child protection officer - £24,000 to £35,000 per year
- Social worker - £25,000 to £40,000 per year
- Youth worker - £18,000 to £28,000 per year
- Teacher - £25,000 to £40,000 per year
- Health visitor - £26,000 to £41,000 per year
- Child therapist - £24,000 to £45,000 per year
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course. Be the first to ask a question.
Certificate of Completion (PDF)
Digital certificate - Included
Certificate of Completion (Hard Copy)
Hard copy certificate - £9.99
Note: Delivery of hardcopy certificate is free within the United Kingdom. However, to obtain a hardcopy certificate, international students have to pay £19.99 for the shipment to their designated address.
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.