Automating server infrastructure is the need of the hour since it cuts down development and production time significantly and helps deliver better services. Chef is one such application that lets you write scripts to automate infrastructure processes, irrespective of whether these processes are big or small. In this intensive virtual training, we teach you all about the Chef code and how it is used for automation.
Through hands on, practical lab assignments, you will learn about the Chef syntax, terminology, cookbooks and its architecture and the tools included in the Chef Development Kit (ChefDK). Learning to write Chef code is an intensive learning process but we’ll make sure that you are well versed with this art by the end of this workshop.
Here’s what you will learn!
- About Chef Basics, its advantages and getting started with Chef to manage your servers
- How to develop infrastructure code locally and speed up development process to manage servers
- To manage Chef web applications and integrate it with Cloud while also testing the infrastructure code
Module 1: Configuration Management
- What Is Configuration Management?
- Why You Need a Configuration Management Tool to Automate IT
- What Is Chef?
- Why Chef Might Be a Good Tool for Your Enterprise
- Where Do We Go From Here?
- Chef Development Tools
Module 2: My Program in Chef
Module 3: Cookbooks
Module 4: Modelling your infrastructure
Module 5: Cloud Provisioning Using Chef
Module 6: Troubleshooting and Debugging
Module 7: Advance Chef
Module 8: Deployment using chef
Module 9: Integrating with the Cloud
Who is this course for?
DevOps Engineers, IT professionals, and SysAdmins who have the need to introduce automation into their systems using Cloud-based tools will find this course beneficial.
- Be familiar with writing code in a text editor
- Have experience working on the command line
- Have basic system administration experience such as installing packages, configuring those packages, starting service
Questions and answers
No questions or answers have been posted about this course.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.